Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Enigma's new voice

Basic Member
    Yeah, this isn't like the Jakiro change where his new voice was obviously bad, so it's hard to say which one I prefer. Don't know why they really changed it in the first place though.

Basic Member
    I much preferred the original jon st john voice

Basic Member
    The new voice is more fitting for a cosmic entity that allegedly consumes thousands of WORLDS by itself. It is not human, and it should not sound like a human, that's why i salute Valve's change, as it is far better than the previous voice effect. When I heard the old Enigma speak, I never thought of it as Enigma's voice, but Duke Nukem's. That's why they changed it in the first place.

Valve, PLEASE change Dark Seer's voice in a similar fashion. He should also have a deep voice, since he is old, wise and "the best strategist".

Banned
    Dark Seer's voice is awesome as it is. Not all heroes should have this low, scary sounding voice, that's more something for these muscle-guys like axe etc. Someone strong with the mind can have a high voice.

Basic Member
    I found the old voice really unfitting - "Propagate it out your a**". The new one is much better imo.

Basic Member
    Ok nevermind. Just played Enigma myself. Please change the voice back. He sounds like a bad morphling.

i miss duke nukem too D:

Basic Member
    I strongly dislike the new voice. I much prefer the old voice.

Basic Member
    Did his lines actually change? I think they otherwise just put filters on his voice, and actualyl meant to do this from the start. I do hope they don't change faceless voice though.

EDIT: Is it me or did they also change the visual effects on the base/feet of him?

I personally like the new voice; the old one sounded more like an apathetic narrator whereas the new reverb gives it a more ethereal feel.

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.