Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Enigma's new voice

I liked the old one better.
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Basic Member
    Enigma's old voice was second best to only Kunkka. This new one is awful.

Basic Member
    New voice is awful, never going to play Enigma again. Listening to his voice acting was the best part about playing him. It's like playing Duke Nukem where his voice is changed to a pedophile.

Basic Member
    At least change the voice so it doesnt sound like morphlings.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mout View Post
    New voice is awful, never going to play Enigma again. Listening to his voice acting was the best part about playing him.
    I agree. I don't think Valve really understands the gravity of this vocal conversion. Enigma's old voice really sucked me in, his old voice had a weight to it, it was the singularity to counteract the void that is the rest of Enigmas midnight-black presentation. His new voice just sucks, it doesn't have the same malefic qualities.

Does his nihilism not increase anymore?

Basic Member
    The first thing i used to say when my keyless friends ask me if dota 2 was any good: "Just wait to hear Enigmas voice!!!"
    Whenever i was feeling frustrated of the whole mm situation i would go play enigma cos it was so enjoyable, but now it think i can't bare to play him anymore, its just terrible, i wish that i could atleast buy the old voice when the game is out!

I agree. I don't think Valve really understands the gravity of this vocal conversion. Enigma's old voice really sucked me in, his old voice had a weight to it, it was the singularity to counteract the void that is the rest of Enigmas midnight-black presentation. His new voice just sucks, it doesn't have the same malefic qualities.
    Alright, this statement actually converses me to a blacker side of the conflict. I played Enigma today, and, well, things went down the hole, mostly because i couldn't feel the universal self-confidence that i used to feel when playing Enigma. And, damn, i can't produce any more puns, maybe because it's almost midnight in here.

But, being serious, the change should be undone, yeah. However, some of the editing is kinda cool - leave the echo. That would totally work.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 12-18-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Basic Member
    The new voice suits him better IMO. He's a dark, mysterious being, not a playboy.

Guys, think of it this way. A game with enigma and bloodseeker against each other (had that once) The other kills the other and they say their death and kill lines right after each other. It sucks to hear it what way.