Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Enigma's new voice

Basic Member

Enigma's new voice

Welp, this little tidbit ninja'd its way through the patch notes.

Enigma's voice was heavily changed.

So what is everyone's opinion? I loved the more smooth-talking voice he had originally, but I can see why people would like the more evil-sounding voice he has now.

I'm really mixed on them. I'll miss his old one horribly though (if they never change it back).

These things really need to go in the patch notes.

If it means anything, I really liked his old voice. I'm kind of iffy on this Protoss thing he has going on now, but we'll see.

Banned
    LIGHT CAN NOT ESCAPE ME, WHAT HOPE HAVE YOU?

I miss Duke Nukem.

Basic Member
    Not sure what to think.
    I say whatever gives the character more soul. DOTA 2 is really lacking some soul. They got some awesome soul in some areas but I feel overall soul in the voice acting isn't quite there.
    Five bucks is five bucks, and ten bucks is ten bucks.

Well this becomes a question of taste because there is nothing really wrong with either of the voices. Both fit him.
    It just depends on do you prefer a more "humane" voice or more "synthetic" voice on Enigma.
    Personally I would say the more distinct voice of Jon St. John gave the character more personality. The new voice just kinda sounds somewhat "generic evil entity".

They should have changed dark seer's voice... not enigma's.

After i read the thread, i was sure it will be shitty. Well, it wasn't. It actually fits Enigma, though it's not as original as the(uhm) original voice. It sounds cool, it's rather b-ass, and it has protoss instead of Duke Nukem.

Hard to choose.

Basic Member
    This is absolutely the biggest mistake Valve made since patching, Enigma was probably the best voice acting i've seen in a game so far, the new one is absolutely generic and AWFUL!!!
    Why do all the heroes have to be monsters, I beg Valve to change it back and report these things in the changelog!

While i agree that they should quit putting important things(like that WD remodel) off the changelog, this is not the worst one. Remember Jakiro before N'aix update? THAT was awful. This one is actually enjoyable. Very enjoyable, actually. Black hole enjoyable.