Thread: [Fixed] Radiance damage source not updating properly, so that it can deny enemies

Basic Member

[Fixed] Radiance damage source not updating properly, so that it can deny enemies

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=84399

This bug was reported previously with regards to dead and removed-from-game Spectre Illusions occasionally causing sourceless Hero deaths, but I don't think it is on KBL 2.0?

Someone on reddit replicated this bug that appeared during Titan vs Execration game 3.

Video of bug in action:

Basic Member
    I was looking for the original thread that reported a similar bug with Spectre.

This could probably be merged with that.

Basic Member
    This just happened on a game between Titan and Execration cast by Beyond the Summit:

Around 45:45 into the video. Kyxy proving that he can, and will, deny absolutely anything.

Volunteer Moderator
    This was supposedly fixed ages ago. It's to do with illusions timing out then another unit applying the aura - the source doesn't change and then becomes invalid.

I think you'd find it if you search for "phantom lancer radiance" or something similar...

Basic Member
    A friend reported that he managed to make a source-less kill happen once in a lobby with Spectre. It would not happen consistently, however.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    This was supposedly fixed ages ago. It's to do with illusions timing out then another unit applying the aura - the source doesn't change and then becomes invalid.

I think you'd find it if you search for "phantom lancer radiance" or something similar...
    It is still a thing. If unit is affected by two sources of Radiance, only one will apply. Then, if you remove the source of Radiance which does damage, and then the unit will die from the second source of Raidance, the credit for kill will go to the first source. But I have no idea how to make an un-credited kill.
    I hope I am clear enough.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.