Thread: Clockwerk Announcer pack of poor quality?

Basic Member

Question Clockwerk Announcer pack of poor quality?

I recently bought my first announcer pack and it was the new Clockwerk one. I purchased it solely because I like what the voice actor did with the character, he is very amusing to listen to when playing as Clockwerk.
    Anyway, I feel that this distinct quality of character is lacking in his announcer pack. I haven't basically heard anything funny yet for the time I've used him. Perhaps there are lines still unheard to me, I'll see.
    But if this is not the case, is there any distinct possibility for Valve to update the announcer pack with 2 or 3 funny remarks about different situations? For example, Pyrion Flax says something in the line of "Wake me up when people start PLAYING DOTA!" when there is not much action in the player's part.

I might be completely wrong about my opinion and ignorant, which is hopefully just the case. It is my opinion also that Clockwerk is one of the funniest candidates for Announcers out there, theoretically so far.

Basic Member
    Upon further evaluation I can confirm that Clockwerk is the most boring and dull Announcer after the default one. No tangents, no strange impros or even any added monologue lines. Just says the exactly same stuff as default announcer and nothing more.
    A wasted potential, if you ask me. This has also begun a feeling of mistrust towards Valve's Announcer deals.

Representing the opposite side here. Most announcers end up being extremely grating with their constantly repeating special lines and jokes, seeing how in most cases they will be played several times each game. That wears them down significantly. The barebones announcers, like DP, Tusk and now Clockwerk are much better for prolonged use.

It also saves us from horrendous attempts at humor like those seen in PFlax and overdone lines such as all of Storm Spirit.

On the other hand, the flying shit am I doing, trying to pretend to make sense here.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.