Thread: Illusary orb

Illusary orb

Is global, shouldn't be.

Translator
    also it's quite annoying
    to hear only 3 sounds when he uses it.
    Puck needs more sounds imo
    Last edited by Znu55; 09-27-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Basic Member
    This is still actual. It's really disturbing to constantly hear pucks illusionary orb when she is in the middle lane and your in top.

Its REALLY annoying.. (storm's spirit ultis also)

Basic Member
    i very much disagree, i like hearing the sounds from the other lanes, it lets me know when there is some action going on. what i find is annoying is people who bitch and whine about issues for the wrong reasons. Now if you had said something like "i shouldn't hear pucks orb from the fog or other lanes, because it gives me information about a teammate/enemy that i wouldn't normally have.", if you said something like, "if i know they have a puck on the other team, and their entire team is mia, and i hear that sound, and i'm farming alone in my lane, i should probably use whatever escape mechanism i have if any, because there is a 1 in 5 chance, that its me that is being ganked." then i would say you have a valid argument. if the sound itself annoys you, then you can say something like, "The illusary Orb sound annoys me" in general, and give a description why. Then they may or may not change the sound. The fact that its global, is not whats annoying. Would you be annoyed if it wasn't global, but i played puck on your team and just followed you around so you heard the Orb sound equally as often as if it were global? If so, then the issue is with the sound, not the fact that its global.

As for "Is global, shouldn't be.", are you the new lead designer for dota 2? i don't see a valve employee tag under your profile. And this forum is not for you to tell them what "Should" or "Shouldn't be". This forum is for you to give feedback on things you like or don't like, that should read something more along the lines of "I dont like the sound the Illusary Orb makes, its too high pitched, or it sounds like a nails on a chalk board ( which it obviously doesn't )" That is feedback.

Now, if you are posting what you think is a bug, give a reason why. "Is global, shouldn't be." is not a reason, Its a statement.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twice View Post
    This is still actual. It's really disturbing to constantly hear pucks illusionary orb when she is in the middle lane and your in top.
    Is it the fact that you are in top and he is mid that disturbs you? If so, that sounds like your expectations need to be adjusted... If you're expecting that the sound can happen at any time, no matter where he is on the map, then it can't disturb you.