Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Mute system

I do get the "well played!" guys but they're often not that bad and lack of communication doesn't cause too much issues. Still, I believe they should be forced to play unranked for the duration (and limit it to 1 day perhaps).

Many of the "muted" people are just people who don't communicate at all. Once the game is going bad, they start flaming or spamming pings (pings are throttled when you're muted).

The situation is not as bad as it was last June, but I feel that there are more muted players now then there were from June to December. I think sometime in January or February, everybody started getting one more report per week. This wouldn't matter if the threshold were adjusted, but I doubt it was. Yesterday I got three notifications / six reports back.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Banned
    I still have 230 reports left. Who wants to get muted?
    Although now I just report everyone for Intentional Feeding, in the hope that I can get rid of all those players.

I'm not muted and I'm proud to be in the 20% of the players whom are not
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon75689 View Post
    I played gyro and got 15 minutes, Phase, Magic stick, Drum, ring of Aquila, Bkb.

Less than 1% of users are mute banned at any period of time (although this stat is from June of last year, but I can't imagine it would increase much with no changes to the system)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
    Less than 1% of users are mute banned at any period of time (although this stat is from June of last year, but I can't imagine it would increase much with no changes to the system)
    The stat is from before the system got changed in summer last year, it's from when you got 2 reports weekly. After that, they increased the amount of reports per week, then they returned you reports, causing the system to crash. Then they changed the system to something unknown, but it seems it occasionally returns reports as well. It seems it got changed in the meantime as well considering you now get 3 reports per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    The stat is from before the system got changed in summer last year, it's from when you got 2 reports weekly. After that, they increased the amount of reports per week, then they returned you reports, causing the system to crash. Then they changed the system to something unknown, but it seems it occasionally returns reports as well. It seems it got changed in the meantime as well considering you now get 3 reports per week.
    They changed it to 2 reports/week max 4reports.

it seems to me that they removed the 4max reports all together with adding another report so we come close to the 1 st system again ...
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    I just keep getting reports,as I said,I have over 300 right now.I could basically report 9 people every game until I run out of reports.For no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    it seems to me that they removed the 4max reports all together with adding another report so we come close to the 1 st system again ...
    That seems to be the case. This is embarrassing because you'd think Valve would've learned the lesson by now: the DotA 2 community cannot handle more than 4 reports per player.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix