Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Mute system

Basic Member
    I have 70 reports left now .
    I started reporting everyone in my team, just to see if I still get my reports back .

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    The problem under a "any report is validate by a human" is: You would need 1k+ people to validate any report ever made what is, (quit frankly) not possible given the fact that no human can review reports 24/7.

So you need a semi automated system, to sort for reports made against 1 first before you toss them to tribunal- like system, were a human reviews the reports. I also want to make a reminder, that (given the nature of this community atm) we also want to look out for report spamers and toss thos also into tribunal to revoke the privilege to report players.

And i also want to mentation, that the reward system is totally ignored atm what is kind of sad because if you dont encourage people to be "nice" (what ever the hell that is) you basically lose interest in being nice in the first place.

remove the system then. it wont work without a human being judging wether the punishment is justified or not.
    just remove it its nonsense

its like someone accuses you of murder and the automatic system judge punishes you for murder and ull get a death penalty
    like if someone says that guy is a witch it doesnt have to be like that you know what i mean .. stupid to approach it that way
    like the most stupid idea ever by valve and thats a thing to say
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-15-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    remove the system then. it wont work without a human being judging wether the punishment is justified or not.
    just remove it its nonsense
    No, he's saying that players should only be reviewed after they've hit some threshold. Tribunal, for example, requires a minimum of 108 reports in 12 games before a player gets reviewed. The reviewers see chat logs and report reasons for three of the games in which the player was reported.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Quote Originally Posted by erik-the-red View Post
    No, he's saying that players should only be reviewed after they've hit some threshold. Tribunal, for example, requires a minimum of 108 reports in 12 games before a player gets reviewed. The reviewers see chat logs and report reasons for three of the games in which the player was reported.
    oh.
    now i get it
    well this could work out if its done right

btw. i said that as well
    im fine with that.
    i just want this report system to get fixed i really cant take it anymore
    i really play a lot of dota and without communication it just doesnt work
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-15-2014 at 12:16 PM.

How many times will this get proposed, before Valve realizes there is not other way? I am guessing infinite.
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    In my opinion mute system should be completely automatic ans based on key words and multiple texts. Not by report. Reports are abusable. If a number of keywords is detected , the player is sanctioned. If a player uses a different language than the one he selected for search, the player is sanctioned (N/A for players who don't select a language). Excessive messaging on the team chat and/or in CAPS shouls also be sanctioned.

The system is abusable by players. With the suggestion above it may make flamers think before talking shit. And the most won't control themselves so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sa1nt View Post
    In my opinion mute system should be completely automatic ans based on key words and multiple texts. Not by report. Reports are abusable. If a number of keywords is detected , the player is sanctioned. If a player uses a different language than the one he selected for search, the player is sanctioned (N/A for players who don't select a language). Excessive messaging on the team chat and/or in CAPS shouls also be sanctioned.

The system is abusable by players. With the suggestion above it may make flamers think before talking shit. And the most won't control themselves so easy.
    Word filters can be bypassed extremely easily.
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    It cannot be bypassed if they use a smart algorithm ... like ignoring all separators and special chars and looking for similarity between words .

If you bypass this, no one would understand what you're saying .

Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    How many times will this get proposed, before Valve realizes there is not other way? I am guessing infinite.
    Thing is, they've already done it for CS:GO. Apparently, they began player review for CS:GO around the same time when they (re)started the automated system for DotA 2. A year later, Overwatch seems to be working fine whereas our system has gone to shit. Again.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Thing is, they've already done it for CS:GO. Apparently, they began player review for CS:GO around the same time when they (re)started the automated system for DotA 2. A year later, Overwatch seems to be working fine whereas our system has gone to shit. Again.
    Their mindset is really a mystery. It almost seems they are sabotaging Dota 2. I don't know what to think anymore.
    Spoiler: