Page 88 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 979

Thread: Mute system

  1. #871
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    330
    Muted again, so I'm back to grieving!
    JUST QUIT PLAYING ALREADY

    VALVE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT, NEITHER SHOULD YOU

    SPEND YOUR TIME ON A DEVELOPMENT TEAM THAT ISN'T AFRAID TO POST ON THEIR OWN DEVELOPER FORUMS

  2. #872
    Basic Member ned_ballad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLD_ReaVeR View Post
    Muted again, so I'm back to grieving!
    you're exactly the sort of person the system is created to mute lol

  3. #873
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    330
    Totally, the fact that people reported me without me saying anything is totally not important here. Quite frankly, I don't even care if I win games anymore, just to make russians cry.... my life's achievement.
    JUST QUIT PLAYING ALREADY

    VALVE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT, NEITHER SHOULD YOU

    SPEND YOUR TIME ON A DEVELOPMENT TEAM THAT ISN'T AFRAID TO POST ON THEIR OWN DEVELOPER FORUMS

  4. #874
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth, unfortunately
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    Your numbers don't mean much, you're passionate so you're convinced that they do. I never said the system works fine.
    Lol. The numbers don't mean much.... ok, so, after reading around 30-40 of your posts where you go from the system is fine to denying this, then asking for numbers and ending up to denying importance of numbers, i can safely start thinking you are one of those guys who just like contradicting for the sake of contradiction.
    Well, please keep up the good work, contradict more, deny the facts and post whatever you like.
    I myself, as i already stated, think the system is a dumb implementation of a bad idea. The only things that make the system still active today, 1 year later, is that valve's programmers are likely incapable of doing a better automated system and the applause they receive from time to time from a few guys like you, who just keep ignoring the problems.

  5. #875
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth, unfortunately
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
    you're exactly the sort of person the system is created to mute lol
    what's that? the being-reported-for-no-reason-and-getting-angry-on-thick-valve-skull-who-doesn't-even-care-about-doing-it-wrong sort of person?
    i'm the same then, and i'm proud of it.
    i won't play game after game being a poodle after i get muted because some turkish team of 4 or russian team of 4 or whatever-language team of 4 found that i stubbornly try to use en on a english setting for western europe, so clearly i deserve being reported for not talking turkish / russian / whatever-language.
    ban teach me something? what's that? that i don't know every god-damn-language that the players have access to western europe zone and can't understand that selecting english option means they communicate in english?
    make me a better player? how? not letting me good communicate in a well known language and have me resort to chat-wheel language and genius mastermind intuition of 4 players who will likely get what i want to say from most 3 pings and several chatwheel premade messages?
    make me get it? get what? that playing solo will definitely get me banned for whatever reasons the 3-4 team in my team finds and blames on me? like in a game where i picked sniper and won the game for the team, but hey, they knew from sec 1 that "omg, noob hero siper, report!", or "omg omg, look at sniper items in min 10, omg, report!"

  6. #876
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    106
    mute system is retarded, there is already a mute option, why I have to play with guys who can't even ping on the map, I don't know if they are going mid or wherever, fcking sucks

  7. #877
    Basic Member Assguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Rear
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by thefbiman View Post
    Lol. The numbers don't mean much.... ok, so, after reading around 30-40 of your posts where you go from the system is fine to denying this, then asking for numbers and ending up to denying importance of numbers, i can safely start thinking you are one of those guys who just like contradicting for the sake of contradiction.
    Well, please keep up the good work, contradict more, deny the facts and post whatever you like.
    I myself, as i already stated, think the system is a dumb implementation of a bad idea. The only things that make the system still active today, 1 year later, is that valve's programmers are likely incapable of doing a better automated system and the applause they receive from time to time from a few guys like you, who just keep ignoring the problems.
    I am not contradicting myself get this through your thick skull, because you misunderstood.
    This forum. This thread. Everyone here, none of us. Are reliable sources of information of what happens in the majority of the dota matches that are played every day. To that extent neither would be a poll but you know what a poll achieves? attention, it makes people think that their voice is being heard a little louder. That's what the poll is. A desperate cry for help so that the devs will come and fix the damn system back to what it was before and better.
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

  8. #878
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth, unfortunately
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    I am not contradicting myself get this through your thick skull, because you misunderstood.
    This forum. This thread. Everyone here, none of us. Are reliable sources of information of what happens in the majority of the dota matches that are played every day. To that extent neither would be a poll but you know what a poll achieves? attention, it makes people think that their voice is being heard a little louder. That's what the poll is. A desperate cry for help so that the devs will come and fix the damn system back to what it was before and better.
    Now now, don't be upset. If there's one with a thick skull, it's you, that's why you are guarding your ass instead of your brains.
    You keep insisting for the system when all tell you the system itself it's the issue.
    No number-fix for reports can solve the issue, and others pinpointed that. But you keep insisting it was / is good.
    Obviously, you'll keep it your way, and others including me will insist the system should be removed / replaced with anything that is not fully automated. So there's no point in arguing over and over again. We got it, you like an automated system, and you think that it was good and it still is in some way.
    This thread has 88 pages. 88 pages of frustrated / happy persons crying for help or supporting the system. If this thread doesn't get attention.... what will a poll do? Close and be ignored. Like every time a language / region lock is requested. This thread will only vent our frustrations, that's why is still open, to let us vent then achieve nothing. Valve doesn't care, because valve reads posts like yours and other cheering fans that either praise the valve magic system or request for tiny improvements. The others, pointing out the system is flawed and needs to be removed are, as you said it
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    You think this forum is actually an actual large representative portion of the dota population. You couldn't be more wrong. This is the vocal minority, and surprise surprise, the most vocal people complain here about being muted all the time. Whereas everyone else is playing the game
    Now back to MY numbers.
    You seam to simply ignore facts. Or any effort to show some facts.
    You state:
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    I'm sure we can trust pro players for a lot of things but as you said we simply don't have the numbers and this entire conversation is not much besides logic based guesswork
    and start imagination stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    Cuz there probably aren't too many of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    You know i wonder if we look at 15 players in dota if we would get a similar result.
    then ask again
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    You can't show me numbers so there is nothing guiding me but logic: It tells me that most people don't abuse the system for no good reason.
    well, i showed you my numbers. based on registered players in dota, active players in dota, registered players on dev forums and active players in dev forums. i based my numbers on your counting skills:
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    This thread that has about what? over 100 users? People playing dota right now on the what? 300.000? yup. Math checks out.
    based on that, i statistically concluded there might be around 10000 dota users affected by pointless mute bans. 10k. Why would my results of 10000 affected players be less important than your mind game with 15 player?

    Now, you say
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    Your numbers don't mean much, you're passionate so you're convinced that they do. I never said the system works fine.
    Bottom line: you want some sort of numbers and statistics, you are presented some, then you wave them because you don't really care about them.
    You are too passionate yourself and too stubborn in sustaining a rotten system.

    Stop guarding your ass and start using your brain.

  9. #879
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    How come I've only been muted 1 time and sent 1time in low (because I had to abandon a wining game) in 1800h , tell me is the mute system bad?

    I also have around 60 extra reports.
    I got them by doing this , I tell my team if you don't speak english I will report you the sec I see people talking trash at me I report them.
    Last edited by john_volkov; 04-21-2014 at 03:52 AM.

  10. #880
    Basic Member folks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by john_volkov View Post
    How come I've only been muted 1 time and sent 1time in low (because I had to abandon a wining game) in 1800h , tell me is the mute system bad?

    I also have around 60 extra reports.
    I got them by doing this , I tell my team if you don't speak english I will report you the sec I see people talking trash at me I report them.

    Well your abusing the mute system yourself imho. I don't count people saying ezgame as communication abuse. People saying "I will fucking kill you for building a mek on a lich" or something is comm abuse to me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •