Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98

Thread: Mute system

It seems that the mute system is back to the way it was before March 1: it is completely useless.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Quote Originally Posted by erik-the-red View Post
    It seems that the mute system is back to the way it was before March 1: it is completely useless.
    Sorry to pop your bubble mate but its been useless since the first day it was implemented.
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by Shmendrich View Post
    Sorry to pop your bubble mate but its been useless since the first day it was implemented.
    I know. I'll rephrase: the system is underpowered again.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Quote Originally Posted by CrazedMonk View Post
    volvo is full of shit. I got muted because I picked lc and died a lot. Yes it was like my second time playing that hero, yes I sucked with him and I understand that's annoying for people but I don't need to GET FUCKING MUTED FOR THAT SHIT COME ON.
    Volvo: We have decided that the community owns the definition of abuse

Meaning? If enough people want you punished, you WILL be punished, regardless of whether if you did something wrong or not.

And I would have reported you as well if you fed dmg to the opposite team X) Free reports back!!!!
    And even more so if you are a minority or if you speak with an accent. (easy report targets!)
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Banned
    Comms reporting is for whiney kids. Be a man and use the in-game mute button.

Quote Originally Posted by GeforceTiny View Post
    Comms reporting is for whiney kids. Be a man and use the in-game mute button.
    Sort of mate, the mute system is not designed to improve the game experience at all.

It is a revenge tool for noobs to make themselves feel better (If they block you they feel like they are running away from you, however if they report you they feel they are punishing you and taking revenge)

Its just to make people feel better and more likely keep playing and hence more likely buy hats

Basic Member
    "If enough people think", well that's how it works, and that's how a lot of things work. Sadly a lot of the stuff isn't universal as far as "what counts as BM" and automated robot system with 1:1 output / input it ends up being abused. Right now the system is entirely useless, last month or so it was on an overdrive.

Muting kind of sucks, I used to do that but mutes stay, you don't get the rest of the possibly useful information, and at some point you're probably ending up with watching TI through DotaTV and noticing on the scoreboard how you have some players muted. You don't know or can't remember why / how. There are still plenty of people making needless remarks, allchat carbage etc. on allchat. It was exactly the same bs at dota-league, dlg, whatever else had you in WC3.

It was the reason why I at least started playing in the smaller leagues with their own systems and it was ten million times better. Skill levels were curated or at least known, people knew each other, so people knew how much they could trashtalk and nobody took it seriously anyway. If someone insisted on being a dick then others would treat him appropriately, or eventually mods handle the situation by themselves. The communities were the only reason I kept playing instead of the game itself.

The smaller leagues were possible because everyone could get Ghost++ and make a bothost, with systems that are even more advanced than what Blizzard had in Battle.net for their own game or what Valve has now for this. Right now if you want to join a custom league it'd probably be IXDL / whatever shall you name it, too big and probably just ends up as another publobby.

Basic Member
    Is this serius?

No one hears you. Your account has been flagged as disruptive and your communication privileges temporarily revoked. Time remaining: -389057 hours
    this is like 42years i mean no one lives that far...

Quote Originally Posted by masterboy View Post
    Is this serius?

No one hears you. Your account has been flagged as disruptive and your communication privileges temporarily revoked. Time remaining: -389057 hours
    this is like 42years i mean no one lives that far...
    Restart your dota2 and you will see the right amount of time
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.