Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Mute system

Basic Member

Players basically have infinite report submissions

- Players receive an additional report submission if someone they report subsequently receives a communication ban
    That would mean that if someone gets punished I get my report back and not multiple report submissions, right?

But the game gives you 2/3 or even 4 additional reports after someone you reported gets punished.
    So someone reports 2 people and they both get muted. Now that someone will have 5-8 reports and they could continue reporting people and get even more reports. I don't know if this is a bug or intended but the game gives you more than one report when someone gets punished. And that is really bad.

I have reported 3 people this week and currently I have 11 reports left:

I have asked my friends and they too said that they have insane amounts of reports left after reporting just a few people.
    Last edited by Kidades; 04-11-2014 at 10:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    Quote Originally Posted by Legdotus View Post
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twl04046 View Post
    Sometimes the zeus ulti suddenly activated and it really scared me...

this is a amazing idea valve.
    Forum mod & Game admin for oloUS.com...Check
    Forum mod & game mod for DotaPub.net.....Check
    Game mod for DotaCASH.com.....Check
    Mod for Dota 2.....work in progress

I didn't know how they could make the report system even worse...

But they did.

Banned
    i have 8 reports left, on a sunday night. dont know if there is any way to check this other than through the reporting-interface, but this week alone i reported 28 or so players. i guess that this is the number of "legit" reports that had consequences, why else would valve display this number? and i must confess that most of them werent really legit. i have reported some of those guys because i just didnt like or they didnt play as i would have liked them to play.

its always a nice feeling to see that i got away with reporting someone for no reason, that you spread some hate. i read this as: "someones dota2 experience is significantly worse due to me abusing reports, based purely on my personal bias, hatred or nitpicking". and i get rewarded for doing so by being granted even more ammunition.

here is a pro-tip though: when you start the week with your 2 reports, use them on players who rage and flame really hard, players you think will be muted after your report for sure. once you stack up the reports and get granted more and more, you can go on to report anybody for whatever reason you see fit, heck, you dont even need that reason when you are sitting on enough reports. just make sure you never run out of reports, sadly you must sometimes really think about whom to report instead of instinctly pressing those 4 buttons. but judging from how many additional reports i got granted, when i was really just reporting anyone for whatever personal reasons i cant imagine peoples (or the systems?) threshold are very high.
    its a snowball-system, really.

Basic Member
    This bug showed up again since a few patches. You get 3-4 additional reports for successfully reporting someone. I have 18 atm. :S
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.

Basic Member
    also : report for feeding/ability abuse = 1% success rate

report for communication = 99% success rate

zzzzzzz

You clearly don't play enough games if you think you have enough reports. The only way I could have enough reports is if I wrote a program to scour dotabuff.com for stats and report through the match number the player. Unfortunately you can still only report players if you were playing for them so a mass reporting campaign is impossible to do by yourself. As it is, the way they just leave low priority in a day or less makes it feel like a waste of time to even bother. What happened to all those threads with players complaining about having a year's worth of low priority? Were they lies or did Valve loosen up the punishment? Well, they converted it from time to games, and then players found a way to exploit that. If a player does 10 games a day for 365 days that is 3650 games of low priority for a year. Do you see the problem? Even if it's as low as 2 games a day that is still 730 games of low priority. Play five times as often and you'll get out faster, or just play five times as fast. At any rate, the system is broken and spending time reporting players in a broken reporting system doesn't make much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidades View Post
    This bug showed up again since a few patches. You get 3-4 additional reports for successfully reporting someone. I have 18 atm. :S
    My guess is they got punished multiple times.
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 03-23-2014 at 08:50 AM.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Basic Member
    I have more than 50 reports , i am pretty sure after 1-2 days i will have more than 80, since i get around 15 per day

Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post
    You clearly don't play enough games if you think you have enough reports. The only way I could have enough reports is if I wrote a program to scour dotabuff.com for stats and report through the match number the player. Unfortunately you can still only report players if you were playing for them so a mass reporting campaign is impossible to do by yourself. As it is, the way they just leave low priority in a day or less makes it feel like a waste of time to even bother. What happened to all those threads with players complaining about having a year's worth of low priority? Were they lies or did Valve loosen up the punishment? Well, they converted it from time to games, and then players found a way to exploit that. If a player does 10 games a day for 365 days that is 3650 games of low priority for a year. Do you see the problem? Even if it's as low as 2 games a day that is still 730 games of low priority. Play five times as often and you'll get out faster, or just play five times as fast. At any rate, the system is broken and spending time reporting players in a broken reporting system doesn't make much sense.
    Throwing out numbers won't make current Low Priority System worst.
    And yes you can get enough report as long as you have a good judgement.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post
    My guess is they got punished multiple times.
    You shouldn't be able to have more than 6 reports.

And it IS bugged:
    Quote Originally Posted by alekk View Post
    I have more than 50 reports , i am pretty sure after 1-2 days i will have more than 80, since i get around 15 per day