Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most and Least Played Heroes of the week

Most and Least Played Heroes of the week

Basically, what this suggestion is about is adding a Most/Least played heroes of the last week to the Today tab to show who's popular and who's not. Why? Well, obviously, to motivate the community to play the underpicked heroes a bit more. Though it depends on the way you implement it.

I think that would be a interesting addition. But i'm not to sure if it should be weekly, maybe monthly would be better. I do really like this idea though =) and maybe add a win and loss % with each hero.

Basic Member
    Pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to have a real time stat that showed how many heroes X were being played right now. The game already attaches heroes to names in the Watch tab, it's just a matter of writing some code that will count through all the pages.

Great idea. and maybe an "all-time" as well

Basic Member
    As long as Valve doesn't use this info as an identifier of "who needs nerfed/buffed", then its fine with me. There might be times when this is true, but a lot of times underplayed heroes can be very powerful with the right player team composition/enemy team composition.

Although what I think you will have happen is new players going straight for the "most played" heroes because they know that those heroes don't have any huge flaws, which could be bad if a "most played hero" is one of the more difficult heroes for new players to use.

Basic Member
    This would be for a late date. Its one of the 0.9 updates.

Basic Member
    why not,more stats = better

I like HoN's page where you can check out how often each individual hero is used. It obviously tells you nothing about competitive play, but it sure gives cool insight into the pub scene.

I'd like to have this implemented! Also, once done, filters could be added to order by skill rating, gold, kills, deaths, lhs, etc.

Another branch would be tables like "Supporters Of The Week" for players and things like that. Of course a lot of analytical algorythms in replays would be needed for this, but I'll leave it as an option. These values would also count for achievements, which in my opinion would make a great online feature.

Basic Member
    I love stats! I'd also like if you could see other specific players' hero usage in addition to your own.