Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Phoenix's name

  1. #21
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Isangman0 View Post
    From what I've noticed, if the hero's name doesn't show up in his/her bio, then his/her proper name is simply removed or he/she isn't given a proper name at all. Take Anti-mage for example, he was once Magina, but it was removed because nowhere in his bio does it state that his actual name is Magina.

    Nature's Prophet also wasn't named in his bio, yet originally his name was Tequioa. It's since been removed because of the same reasons.

    A partial example, but Crystal Maiden once had the name Rylai Crestfall, her surname has since been removed partially because there is no mention of Crestfall anywhere in her bio, and because her sister Lina doesn't have a surname.

    Likewise, Chaos Knight was Nessaj in DOTA 1, but since the name Nessaj isn't in his bio...

    EDIT: I liked Phoenix's name. Icarus was fitting for him and somehow complements his lore as a curious young star perfectly.
    How about Bloodseeker's name?

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by XGreen View Post
    How about Bloodseeker's name?
    It's in his lore.

  3. #23
    Basic Member Crowfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,319
    I always called him Fofo...

    Dunno what drugs you guys are on......
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

  4. #24
    Basic Member Phoenix.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    3,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    I always called him Fofo...

    Dunno what drugs you guys are on......
    Lol you are the one in drugs.



    Anyways i still calling him Icarus, it's just perfect for him.
    PAS HALL OF FAME
    Spoiler: 

  5. #25
    Basic Member Lion.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,826
    What is the problem with Icarus? They probably removed it because Phoenix can't speak.
    I don't think Blizzard can copyright it, just like they can't copyright Medusa or Zeus.
    ψ RAISE YOUR PITCHFORKS ψ
    Valve's TO DO LIST (I see you guys keep forgetting so I made one for you):
    - Viper remodel - Slardar remodel - Pit Lord
    - Manila Compendium - New UI - 6.88 (a real patch this time)

  6. #26
    Basic Member Phoenix.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    3,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion. View Post
    What is the problem with Icarus? They probably removed it because Phoenix can't speak.
    I don't think Blizzard can copyright it, just like they can't copyright Medusa or Zeus.
    Probably none, just that valve decided to not use it in his lore, like they did with other heroes that did not have any posibility of copyright issues.
    PAS HALL OF FAME
    Spoiler: 

  7. #27
    Basic Member GothicCream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Third World Country
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Isangman0 View Post
    A partial example, but Crystal Maiden once had the name Rylai Crestfall, her surname has since been removed partially because there is no mention of Crestfall anywhere in her bio, and because her sister Lina doesn't have a surname.
    Dota 1 lore is non canon (Rylai Crestfall, Lina Inverse) to Dota 2.

  8. #28
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Dota 1 lore is non canon (Rylai Crestfall, Lina Inverse) to Dota 2.
    Nothing to do with the lore for the most part. We were talking about heroes who originally had names in DOTA 1 but had them removed in DOTA 2.

    Kinda off-topic but I must know: where did you get your profile picture?

  9. #29
    Basic Member GothicCream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Third World Country
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Isangman0 View Post
    Kinda off-topic but I must know: where did you get your profile picture?
    Frap + Photoshop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •