Thread: Czech font problem - diacritical marks

Basic Member

Exclamation Czech font problem - diacritical marks

Hello, there is problem with Czech and other european languages fonts in Linux client. Windows client has it OK.
    Letters with diacritical marks are displayed in different font than letters without diacritical marks. It is really visually annoying. Please fix.

Second problem: Enter button on right side of keyboard (where numbers are) don't prompt chat window in game. But when you prompt it with "regular" Enter button, you can send chat message with right side Enter. Weird.
    Last edited by Bugscz; 04-24-2014 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugscz View Post
    Second problem: Enter button on right side of keyboard (where numbers are) don't prompt chat window in game. But when you prompt it with "regular" Enter button, you can send chat message with right side Enter. Weird.
    They have 2 different keycodes and are considered to be completely different buttons by your computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri Battousai View Post
    Firstly hi, i am not a racist but really i hate all of russians....

Basic Member
    That is true. But it works in Windows so I expect them to work in Linux too.

Basic Member
    You can get the numpad enter to open chat with
    Code:
    bind kp_enter say
    Though I, personally, can't send messages with it, only open the chat input.
    Last edited by hirsute; 05-16-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hirsute View Post
    You can get the numpad enter to open chat with
    Code:
    bind kp_enter say
    Though I, personally, can't send messages with it, only open the chat input.
    When talking about text, the enter key doesn't actually have any special behavior. It's like pressing the A key. The only difference is that enter sends an invisible newline character to say that you want to jump down to the next line of input. In text files this is interpreted as multiple lines in a file. In submitting text fields like chat messages, its interpreted as the end of your message.

In other words, the enter key on your numpad doesn't map itself to the newline character (at least in dota2). Can't test it cause I don't have a numpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri Battousai View Post
    Firstly hi, i am not a racist but really i hate all of russians....