Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Improving AD -- Community List

Basic Member
    if there's enough skills for everyone to get some synergies it will get more tactic, less random. like i said before - currently its no fun for bottom half

or the entire pool could be filled with passives (if it's entirely random) which would make for a boring game. With set hero skills, at least you're guaranteed a healthy mix of actives and passives.

Basic Member
    I get your point now - you're right about it - if we randomise from all the skills instead of players we can get a pool of crap. So there should be some sets of skills picked out of heroes that have more than 4 skills prepared I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
    or the entire pool could be filled with passives (if it's entirely random) which would make for a boring game. With set hero skills, at least you're guaranteed a healthy mix of actives and passives.
    It's a tough choice because right now, I would like the pool to be completely random legal (not multi button like raze) skills. One of the main reasons that I think this is a good thing is because there are so many skills not included because 5+ skill heroes are not in the pool.

If those heroes were to be included, then the random skill pool wouldn't be such a huge issue.

Perhaps it would be good to keep the current 12 heroes worth of skills then add in 12 random abilities? It feels kinda weird though haha.

I don't think that's weird. I was thinking more replacing the two random heroes' abilities with just straight random abilities. I don't know if Valve wants to make major changes to the UI of the mode to support more than that many skills.

Basic Member
    I'd rather have 24 sets, each set is either complete hero with skills or a model combined with four skills that are not making any problems in the code - 3 basic skills + ultimate each set if possible. If we randomise completely then it still can make either a game where u get only passives and buffs or a game where there's only stuns xD

Quote Originally Posted by SaperPL View Post
    If we randomise completely then it still can make either a game where u get only passives and buffs or a game where there's only stuns xD

That's a pretty fringe case though, albeit it is possible.

Honestly theres no need for Valve to lose time on AD, rather hurry up with the release of custom mode ingame support and let us manage our own customs balace and features, it will be way more enjoyable than whatever can they add to AD.

Basic Member
    One thing that would be nice is test mode, perhaps by cheats/and or console commands

there's this

dota_gamemode_ability_draft_test_hero

But I don't think anyone has figured out how to use it yet, and it also may not do anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    One thing that would be nice is test mode, perhaps by cheats/and or console commands

there's this

dota_gamemode_ability_draft_test_hero

But I don't think anyone has figured out how to use it yet, and it also may not do anything at all.
    I already said it in another thread: Make specific cheat commands for lobby AD mode.

This way, some one can actually test a certaint spell combo...
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.