Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Improving AD -- Community List

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    I already said it in another thread: Make specific cheat commands for lobby AD mode.

This way, some one can actually test a certaint spell combo...

Good suggestion, adding to the list.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noya View Post
    Honestly theres no need for Valve to lose time on AD, rather hurry up with the release of custom mode ingame support and let us manage our own customs balace and features, it will be way more enjoyable than whatever can they add to AD.
    Thats totally not gonna work.

Problem with cutom mods is that it will take too much time to make match customization system/support and thats just one problem. Even if that goes smoothly there goes problems for matchmaking system supporting hundreds of custom mods/settings. And the final problem is that - when everyone makes their own custom settings you probably won't find too much people to play on your settings. It will take months to find and popularize best custom modes.

So thats a NO from me and probably from valve devs too

Quote Originally Posted by SaperPL View Post
    Thats totally not gonna work.

Problem with cutom mods is that it will take too much time to make match customization system/support and thats just one problem. Even if that goes smoothly there goes problems for matchmaking system supporting hundreds of custom mods/settings. And the final problem is that - when everyone makes their own custom settings you probably won't find too much people to play on your settings. It will take months to find and popularize best custom modes.

So thats a NO from me and probably from valve devs too
    wtf are you talking about, custom mode support is already being developed, and there's great mods done (like Pudge Wars and Fight or Flight) by the community, they just need the platform that Valve is working upon, which will work through Workshop Submissions and Subscriber system.

d2ware.net had hundreds of players in every server and wasn't even officially supported or stable.
    Last edited by Noya; 05-07-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Basic Member
    Thought You were talking about completely custom in-game creation of modes, not supporting coded mods.

Anyway the thing is that, changes we want would take less than a hundred lines of code, I think, while supporting stuff implemented by modders will take a lot more than just that. Its not just about the mods working locally for you and your friends in lan - its about predicting how much stuff you could smuggle with that custom mods system or how much code revising would it need for each mod.

Basic Member
    After playing nothing but AD for month+ after it was released I agree with your list, would definetly make the mode more fun to play.

Basic Member
    After last game I played I also opt for the hero picking - I got a team with 4 non ints vs team with 4 ints and they took all cheap mana stuff and spammed us totally over in the early game xD

Basic Member
    New idea - change picking queue to:

phase 1) 1 2 3 4
    phase 2) 4 3 2 1
    phase 3) 4 3 2 1
    phase 4) 1 2 3 4

To compensate players getting late initial phase picks

Basic Member
    This is a new idea also for picking queue

What if there's a Pre-stage where the fastest person to type a random word gets to get first pick. Or the fastest person to click or anything be the first pick, that makes it fair to everyone who should go first and last. I mean its really bad if your in the dire side, and you know radiant will always have the advantage first. Like riki ulti, rage, etc.

My suggestion is after everyone connects there will be a pre stage like 10 sec countdown, then a random word pops up and u type it, the first person to type correctly will be the first pick, and so on and so forth.

Basic Member
    I think what i said in your topic is the most optimal choice - You get to random a hero like and based on how the hero performs in AD mode the queue should be arranged from weakest to strongest. I don't see any faults in this logic. If stats get updated constantly then new OP hero+skill combo's will bring its stats up and he'll get the further place in picking queue.

Making it by random or some meta game is still not good enough.

Please add it to the list Hive

Instead of sequence based ability picking , it needs to be random alternating between two teams. for eg:

1-5 Radiant

6-10 Dire

Instead of now moving like 1,6,2,7,3,8,4,9,5,10,10,5.......

It could be

2,7,1,10,3,6,5,9...etc and it should be seen that no player get consequent picks and no two pick in same rounds.

This way the first pick player wont be the always be having one good and one bad (left overs) ability and 10,9 player wont be stuck with two abilities till second round( left overs).

Also allot each team equal no of ranged and melee heroes.
    Last edited by naveen_reloaded; 06-06-2014 at 09:20 PM.