Thread: #Compendium BUG # Urgent plz.

Basic Member

#Compendium BUG # Urgent plz.

Hello, i am here because i just bought a XP BOOSTER to increase my Level on my compendium, but this compendium is in another account, i was going to buy it and offer a trade to myself, like i done yesterday.

Heres what happened : i bought the 11 usd xp bonus and it got AUTO ACTIVATED in this account ( not the main one ) , AND, it now says that i OWN a compendium, i even got the legendary courier, and i cant do nothing with the comendium, its like i OWN it , and DONT at the same time.

i hope u guys fix it soon, i just want my XP thingy back, i dont even want the compendium or the courier. i dont know if this forum can actually make MODS or admins GIVE BACK or UNDO something thats already DONE, but apparently i just wasted 10 usd, cuz i cant do anything on the compendium and i also cant do anything with the bonus XP that i should earn.

thanks , and i am so sorry for my english , i hope u guys can fix it soon , and help me as soon as possible, thanks !

Basic Member
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...5AF6434597CB7/

heres a print of whats going on.

it says i HAVE a compendium , and at the same time, it says i dont.

this all happened when i bought a 2,400 XP ticket, and it got self activated in my acc.

Basic Member
    Did you buy the 2400 points via compendium or via store (be it website or ingame client)?
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Did you buy the 2400 points via compendium or via store (be it website or ingame client)?
    I got the same bug, and i sent a steam support ticket. The bug works the following way: you go to the compendium icon next to your EXP bar and preview the compendium, you go to the page where you can buy points. If you buy it that way, you get 24 levels and a pseudo-compendium, the account checks as a compendium owner but you don't receive any benefits besides the courier. You can't participate in the polls and get the rewards from unlocks. If you buy the gems directly on the store, you get the gems and when you trade them, they are immediately activated without prompt on the receiving account. The account that gets the gems doesn't get an inventory item and can't trade them to another account, it's a direct activation even if you do a steam trade (my case).

I really think those two are serious bug because you don't get prompt in any case. I sent a ticket for a refund of those 24 levels, because i don't have a compendium activated on my account and i don't want one either. At least my friend that got the gems in a trade had a compendium and really wanted to level it up, not my case as i already said.

Do you recommend another way to report these bugs and a way to get a refund for those $10 ?

(sorry for any mistakes, my english is pretty bad)
    Last edited by LaN~; 05-11-2014 at 03:51 AM. Reason: added quote

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    via compendium, but, the other day, i bought the 5 usd xp booster, and traded myself, nothing huge happened, it all went well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaN~ View Post
    I got the same bug, and i sent a steam support ticket. The bug works the following way: you go to the compendium icon next to your EXP bar and preview the compendium, you go to the page where you can buy points. If you buy it that way, you get 24 levels and a pseudo-compendium, the account checks as a compendium owner but you don't receive any benefits besides the courier. You can't participate in the polls and get the rewards from unlocks. If you buy the gems directly on the store, you get the gems and when you trade them, they are immediately activated without prompt on the receiving account. The account that gets the gems doesn't get an inventory item and can't trade them to another account, it's a direct activation even if you do a steam trade (my case).

I really think those two are serious bug because you don't get prompt in any case. I sent a ticket for a refund of those 24 levels, because i don't have a compendium activated on my account and i don't want one either. At least my friend that got the gems in a trade had a compendium and really wanted to level it up, not my case as i already said.

Do you recommend another way to report these bugs and a way to get a refund for those $10 ?

(sorry for any mistakes, my english is pretty bad)
    yeah, i wish there is a way to refund,i am not sure though, i thought the way to get refund was to come here and make a post lol. i dont know any other way to report bugs, since its the first time it happened to me. if u can message me telling me how to send a ticket or something that'd be great, cuz i have no idea how to do so.
    Last edited by welost; 05-11-2014 at 05:50 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by welost View Post
    yeah, i wish there is a way to refund,i am not sure though, i thought the way to get refund was to come here and make a post lol. i dont know any other way to report bugs, since its the first time it happened to me. if u can message me telling me how to send a ticket or something that'd be great, cuz i have no idea how to do so.
    pm sent a while ago xd

Basic Member
    Same of this happened to Here what i wrote in the ticket

Actually what happened was that i'm having steam wallet on hellasir account and i play dota2 in hussi_mayo1 account so what i did sold my items and opened dota 2 and was not having the compendium in it then i click no thanks let me do a preview then scrolled through the pages to the page where there's the option to buy the points i choose the 10$ one and bought it after that it automatically activated the points and the compendium too!

I need to add the points in my other account ! Valve what is this!

Basic Member
    i have more reports about the gem bug... only happens if the guy that receives the gems have dota2 open. The inv item appears if he closes dota2 before the trade. >=/ no response from support yet

Basic Member
    soo good, it looks like in this last patch they finally fixed it. but . STILL, wheres my 10 usd ? i spent 10 usd to get me some levels, and still no reponse on that . rly amazing job.