Thread: Unable to change draft time? Seems locked at 4pm currently

Basic Member

Unable to change draft time? Seems locked at 4pm currently

It's currently locked at 4pm which, given that I'm PST, would tie into the midnight GMT lock for making team changes. Given that I'll be at work at 4pm on Friday, it's going to be hard to participate in a draft then. Will we be able to change the draft time?

Valve Developer
    Whoever created the league (aka The Commissioner) should be able to adjust the draft time in 5 minute increments on the Fantasy Settings panel. Is that not working for you?

Basic Member
    That would be me but that does not seem to be happening currently. Granted, my Steam seems to be having issues currently, as the Steam overlay is crashing at times on me. I'll do a restart and see if that fixes anything (though this issue shouldn't be affected by that).

On a side note, is joining a league needing a ticket intentional? I can see why there may be a desire to prevent 10 people from making 10 leagues and then them joining each others leagues. Just want to make sure as I set up two leagues already and I don't want to eat up the tickets of some of the people I'm asking to partake in those leagues.

Edit: Restarting Steam seems to have fixed the issue. Now all that remains is determining if the "Unknown Error" my friends were encountering is just them entering the password wrong or something else.

Additional Edit: Seems they were able to join, regardless of the error popping up. Occasionally getting an error popping up on my end stating there was an error changing the fantasy league settings, usually 15-20 seconds after changing the settings of a league. Seems to be tied to changing the settings of one league then switching to another league.
    Last edited by Bastille; 05-14-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Whoever created the league (aka The Commissioner) should be able to adjust the draft time in 5 minute increments on the Fantasy Settings panel. Is that not working for you?
    I think he means the actual time the draft opens. For instance, I chose March 19th for my league, but you cannot change the time. It is stuck at 4:00 PM.

EDIT: A restart to Dota 2 seems to have fixed the issue, maybe you should look into it though.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give FORUM RULES
    OKAY, HERE!
    ノ( ◕ _ ◕ノ)

If you have a problem, PM me or another moderator!

Basic Member
    Yeah, being locked at 4pm seems to be a common issue. Happened to another friend as well. Not hard to fix, since a restart solves it, but still odd initially.