Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought International Compendium

Basic Member
    Yes I know, but it's a glitch! Please just take his fucking name off the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyowolf View Post
    Yes I know, but it's a glitch! Please just take his fucking name off the book.
    Not a glitch!

He bought it and he sold it again, Valve can't know what people will do with their compendium after they bought it.
    And No one is gonna take the name off.
    I like to do stupid stuff even when i know it's stupid.

Basic Member
    It is a glitch, lol. The item was not gifted and nor was anyone generous. Very simple to understand.

Basic Member
    Why the crap you didn't buy it from the store rather than from the market haha Iol haha.

Basic Member
    You can't buy it from the store unfortunately. That tournament happened right when the game came out of beta and some of us were busy with the massive updates in Counter-Strike like Arms Deal. Valve should have publicized more which they are finally starting to understand.
    However, this is getting out of hand. Please fix this glitch because Steam Support told me this was the place to go.
    Last edited by Neyowolf; 06-05-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Basic Member
    1) Dis no glitch.
    2) Steam support is ignorant.
    3) Deal w/ it.
    P. S. How come you can't buy it from the store?

When you activate the Compendium which you did not purchase from the Dota 2 store (buying from the Community Market does not count as buying from Dota 2 store), it will display the original buyer's name as having "gift" it to you. This is the system they have in place to show who has contributed to prizepool, same with this year (shows actual dollar amount).

Now, as far as I am aware, CS:GO's Arms Deal update happened after The International 3 had finished. During the same time, Operation Payback was running for a month long until end of August. As I am not sure if you regular visit gaming websites, but there had been several coverage in regards to that TI3 is happening, and how TI3 will have the largest prizepool in esports (at the time). Steam's main page also have news item about TI3 + Compendium. So I am not too sure on what you mean that Valve should publicised more, unless you are suggesting, for example, that Valve should advertise about Dota 2's event in CS:GO that you were playing at the time (I assume).

So again, this is not a glitch. It is working as intended by all means.
    Steam Support directed you here as this is a game issue with Dota 2, they can't help you there. And here, I am certain the Devs will tell you the same thing what others including myself had been telling you. Devs do read this part of the forum, they just rarely respond

Basic Member
    haha, listen to you all, this is a glitch.
    once again this item was purchased and was not gifted through the generous support of anybody.
    Please remove his name from my profile.

Basic Member
    Also, please do not bother responding if you're not a team member to Valve. This is a serious issue and it needs to be fixed.

Basic Member
    One more thing, let me provide with examples of another real glitch. When you play as Meepo and rush Boots of Travel, should you have a tango given to one of your clones, and then recieve the boots, the boots will not appear on your clone Meepo. In order to get the boots on him you have to consume the tango, and no you cannot drop it because its a given tango. You have to eat it, then drop the boots with your main Meepo and pick them back up again and it will activate properly.
    Glitches are real.