Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: What Valve should have listed as goals for the Compendium

  1. #11
    Basic Member Jan2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    Thus they don't believe in it.
    I personal think, a 5vs5 party ff function might be reasonable but what evs.

    Thats too off topic.
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by skyeclipse View Post
    -Fix more bugs
    -Fix servers
    -Make more servers
    -Regionlock ranked matchmaking or give a language test or something for ranked
    -Faster updates
    -More people added to dota2 team
    -redo/improve the matchmaking algorithm
    -update bots in dota2 please



    Looking at the goals we have up to 6million, since Valve obviously ran out of ideas to make as goals why not give suggestions.
    Right here. They've made about $12 million off compendiums (not counting the boosters) and they still can't make a functional server for the tournament the compendiums are for. Valve should be ashamed.

  3. #13
    Basic Member SabotaZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,062
    On a serious note, their preparation for the biggest dota event is a joke. They had one year to get everything done and they did not manage to have ready absolutely anything. Loading screens? Old artwork that was not even ready when we hit the goal. Immortals? They getting "finished" as we speak. Vote for arcana? Wtf? They simply asking us where we want to throw our money next, its not like they asked what hero we want next. New courier. OMFG thats a big one. People adding couriers on workshop everyday, how is this a good stretch goal at 4 millions? I really dont know, whole thing is a joke

  4. #14
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by SabotaZ View Post
    On a serious note, their preparation for the biggest dota event is a joke. They had one year to get everything done and they did not manage to have ready absolutely anything. Loading screens? Old artwork that was not even ready when we hit the goal. Immortals? They getting "finished" as we speak. Vote for arcana? Wtf? They simply asking us where we want to throw our money next, its not like they asked what hero we want next. New courier. OMFG thats a big one. People adding couriers on workshop everyday, how is this a good stretch goal at 4 millions? I really dont know, whole thing is a joke
    They were busy creating pointless events like year beast and Wraith King, which by the way were severely broken as well and needed a ton of patching until they halfways worked as intended.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by jt_money View Post
    They were busy creating pointless events like year beast and Wraith King, which by the way were severely broken as well and needed a ton of patching until they halfways worked as intended.
    Pretty much this, though you shouldn't blame year beast and wraith night. Valve just has a pathetically lazy approach to Dota. They throw out half-baked crap and then fix it...eventually...maybe.

    The fact that they've ruined this tournament season in such a huge way, from not even being able to actually run their own tournament to ruining the plans of the other major tournaments planned this summer, shows how utterly checked-out Valve is on the game, the community, and the pro players.

  6. #16
    Basic Member Jan2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17,357
    Quote Originally Posted by spudlyff8fan View Post
    Pretty much this, though you shouldn't blame year beast and wraith night. Valve just has a pathetically lazy approach to Dota. They throw out half-baked crap and then fix it...eventually...maybe.

    The fact that they've ruined this tournament season in such a huge way, from not even being able to actually run their own tournament to ruining the plans of the other major tournaments planned this summer, shows how utterly checked-out Valve is on the game, the community, and the pro players.
    I dont know what to say towards this besides: Its not valves fault, that MLG, Dreamleague , ESL1 AND wpc ace were on the exact same month.

    Valve dont want to or organize dota2 tournaments or even be part of it. They could go the riot way and say "here, lets make a schedule for any pro and amateur tournament and if you dont agree to it, we will pull the plug from your tournament."

    The "hands off any organization" aproche valve is taking is atm the best solution. That way, valve can actually focus on game develoment and not that much with "how do i run this tournament".
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

  7. #17
    Basic Member auygurbalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Under the Gabe's bed
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by SabotaZ View Post
    Vote for arcana? Wtf? They simply asking us where we want to throw our money next, its not like they asked what hero we want next.
    Didnt think that way, i couldnt agree more. Troll of century; techies hype. Like i said long ago; Valve make goals for things he going to release anyway, irrelevant from raised money. Thus we'll get base customization no matter what.


  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    I dont know what to say towards this besides: Its not valves fault, that MLG, Dreamleague , ESL1 AND wpc ace were on the exact same month.

    Valve dont want to or organize dota2 tournaments or even be part of it. They could go the riot way and say "here, lets make a schedule for any pro and amateur tournament and if you dont agree to it, we will pull the plug from your tournament."

    The "hands off any organization" aproche valve is taking is atm the best solution. That way, valve can actually focus on game develoment and not that much with "how do i run this tournament".
    They can't hire a few part-time event organizers with a budget of $17 million dollars?

  9. #19
    Basic Member Jan2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17,357
    Quote Originally Posted by kritzinger View Post
    They can't hire a few part-time event organizers with a budget of $17 million dollars?
    they could do that but than again you run into the old problem that valve dont want to hire guys that can only do 1 thing and nothing else (so long 4 now)

    There is also the problem that (if you "own" any tournament) you also could just disband it if you dont believe in it anymore. (pulling the plug)<--this relation ship is bad for anyone (tournament orgs, content hosts players viewers etcpp) since it dont grow the scene on its on (sustainability i might add)

    There are always 2 sites of a medal.
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

  10. #20
    Basic Member skyeclipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    110
    I'm really sorry, but what is an FF function ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spudlyff8fan View Post
    Pretty much this, though you shouldn't blame year beast and wraith night. Valve just has a pathetically lazy approach to Dota. They throw out half-baked crap and then fix it...eventually...maybe.

    The fact that they've ruined this tournament season in such a huge way, from not even being able to actually run their own tournament to ruining the plans of the other major tournaments planned this summer, shows how utterly checked-out Valve is on the game, the community, and the pro players.

    Thus I was hoping with the profit Valve is making atm they'd hire some people to the team who would actually care and do well done stuff and events or something.
    Long live Slark!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •