Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: [Suggestion] One Click Skill Levelling

Basic Member
    IMO it won't make much of a difference even if you could level up the skill with just one click or even ctrl + clicking.
    It's still clicking and it's rather slow just like casting spells by clicking.

I use "T" to enter leveling up mode and then press the skill's hotkey i want to level up. I also binded "Y" key to leveling up stats. Pressing the "Q W E R T Y" keys is waaay faster then any type of leveling up abilities which involves using the mouse.

Basic Member
    Yes, please implement a Hon-like level up system. There have been times where I've been in the level up selection screen but because of frantic action I wouldn't notice and consequently die because of being unable to use any skills due to being in the skill up selection mode. It's cumbersome having to click level up and then click the skill, especially when something crazy is going down, and hotkeying via ctrl-left click adds an extra step that is easy to screw up. People frequently accidentally ult as it is, and it's simply bad game design to add more ways for this to happen.

Didn't even know CTRL levels them up, that's good. I wonder if I messed up those binds though, because I originally had my items on ctrl + q w e a s d and then changed it.

I've set my hero skill up key to Z and it's easy to press on Z then Q-W-E-R.
    It's not needed.

Or just allow both hotkeys and single click leveling so those who suck with memorizing keystrokes can have an easier time. Remember this is not just about those familiar with the game its for newcomers and casual players too, they're inevitably coming. Might as well give them an easy time about it with simple easy to use features.

Basic Member
    I think the simplest way to implement a one-click leveling system without messing with the UI would be to use the area below the skill (with the level indicator dots).

Highlight this area with a transparent blue rectangle or rounded rectangle when a skill is eligible to be leveled. (Dots themselves not covered by transparent blue just background)
    Change to opaque gold on hover.

I personally prefer a setup like LeGoLaSSS has, and wish LoL/HoN had a 2-key level up system as well. Ctrl-Q/W/E/R is clumsy, Ctrl-click is a good one-click alternative.

Basic Member
    Why not use the keyboard shortcuts instead? It's way faster and safer(ie.: if you want to level a skill up right during a juke/gank)...