Thread: Main menu music skips around

Basic Member

Main menu music skips around

Title says it all.

Whenever I load the game the music plays perfectly for a while, then it's broken up with a series of short pauses and stops.

maybe it's just me though.

Aside form that it sounds great

Basic Member
    Noticed this a little bit too, but only in the beginning. I never experience choppiness or sluggish performance.

Valve Developer
    We're releasing a mini-update today, can you post here and let us know if it fixes this issue for ya?

Basic Member
    yes, it's fixed. thanks valve bros, and sorry for the delayed response.

Basic Member
    Dont wanna open thread for it: The music stops after ~2 minutes // searching a game for 1:30mins. i dunno if searching a game and music stopping is related. mb the track doesnt repeat.

yea, after the track finish in about 2min~ , the music stop forever ,

Basic Member
    I can confirm that the menu music will not loop or anything else and ends in about 1 minute and 35 seconds after you start the game and the music begins, this is while you are idle and by conclusion of that, the searching (that lemonfresh mentioned) may not be related to the issue.

Edit: In addition, upon returning to the main menu after finnishing/leaving a game, there is no music playing. Also, if you try to join a live game and it is full, the music will immediately stop to play!
    Last edited by Porre; 11-12-2011 at 12:57 PM.

I can also confirm choppy audio when first entering the game. Also after I've selected my hero I get choppy/stuck audio for around 2 to 3 seconds. It's then fine for the rest of the game. Is this a lag or audio issue?