Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alt-Click and Phrases Suggestion

Alt-Click and Phrases Suggestion

Letz be honest! Everyone loves Alt-Clicking his items or Spells to indicate CD or Readyness. Letz expand this Alt-Click Concept to allied spells!
    I wanna be able to click an allied spell and get a message like: >Use Mist Coil now!
    >Use Repel now!
    >Use Ravage now!
    Espacially for muted players this is a grace. Because you cant say "Please heal me with Mist Coil"

Also make it able to use it on allied items to say: ">Please use Tango" ">Please use TP" with a self ping to indicate help.
    Or: It s really nice to combine it with the "Help!" command.
    ">Help!"
    ">Please use Healing Pot"

Something that really annoys me about the phrases is that I cant chose which Phrases I want to have keys for. Let us chose the phrases we want to assign with keys. E.g. I only need "Missing!" Missing top/bot/mid are useless. I even barely need "Missing!" now, since th Alt-Click Feature. This would free me 4 Phrases I could use otherwise and chose for my personal taste. I'd really like to have a hotkey for "Current Time" instead of using the mouse wheel.
    Ofc it can be done via configs but I dont use such.

Side Note: There was a thread about Alt-Click enemy items to say Stuff like ">Riki has Dagon". I fully support that!
    Whats ur thoughts about it? Feel free to share your insights.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

I would love to be able to warn my allies while I'm muted of the inventory of my opponents. And I hate typing it. I would voice chat it but there are so many players that either don't understand your language and you don't know whether they would understand you or not or they just hate voice chat for some reason.

You can use the autoexec.cfg file or console to set up some additional messages for easier sending without use of the wheel.
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 05-18-2014 at 06:47 PM.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post

You can use the autoexec.cfg file or console to set up some additional messages for easier sending without use of the wheel.
    Thats stupid. I wanna do it via ingame options. It s no real solution. Im also wondering why "force rightclick" is not in the options.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Basic Member
    Being honest, this is a great idea.

This is what we need to take this feature one step further. Alt+click on ALL the things! +1
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

+1 I think this is a good idea, it would be neat being able to alt click mana boots of an ally to request mana.

It should also work on enemy items to tell your allies they have them.

For example alt clicking the gem in an enemy inventory to say

"Leoric has Gem"
    or "Shadowfiend has Shadowblade"
    Last edited by Shmendrich; 05-18-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Can we please have an option to ping on towers that say "Deny Tower!!" when it has less than 100 HP?
    Long live Slark!!

Basic Member
    Ping items on the courier: "Courier has Wards" and so on. Rare, but sort of useful.

Edit: Actually, being able to ping the courier (or the courier icons) to say "recrow" would be useful.
    Last edited by cdranzer; 05-19-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Sure. I made a thread back then about alt-clicking items and the devs implemented it.
    The only problem with OP's suggestion is people using it for flame. But then again, many things on this game can be used with malicious intent.

+1 !!! Really good idea!