Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 102

Thread: Hero Races

  1. #31
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    20
    Zeus is definitely Human too (mortal). He is a God (was?), granted, but he made himself Human because of is wife etc. - so should be included too in the Huma list

    Also, Pugna might be/has been a Human, his lore tells that he grew up etc. and then brought to the Cult thingy, so maybe there he got his horns and got all greenish?

  2. #32
    I have lots of information about FRP (Fantasy Role Playing) . And I will share what I know.

    First : The race of EarthShaker is exactly Minotour in Dota 2 style. Just like Blizzard, Valve have made a little change on this source race as I see. Perhaps they will change the race name. In addition You can see this race in Warcraft series as a Tauren.

    Drow Ranger : Drows are a piece of Elven Race. Their skin is darker , mostly they have white hairs and eyes , they usually live underground. They have extented vision in the night. They are an evil race. But rarerly there are some examples that proves not the All Drows are evil and someones are really more hero then other races. You can read their background history and why they are evil if you search a little in google.

    Pudge : I have no comments to make for him. He is zombie that's clear. About his story I have lots of theories but I'm not here to confuse anyone

    WarLock : He can be a half-orc or not. His looking is weird but that's can be explained by his sorcerer ways in battle which can corrupt his body to change in time.

    Anti-Mage : Don't separate him from human class. His blink skill clearly shows his mind is linked a with source of eternity or the dark space. Which can explain those glowing eyes. Also mana-break skill is also proves that he is in contact with Cold-Dark Energy...

    The time is very late in my region, I will contunie my post after I woke up.

  3. #33
    Basic Member Zayex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    53
    Did you just make up trowle or is valve using it? Anyway i still think that batrider is a troll even though he looks off....

  4. #34
    Volunteer Moderator Hefaistus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by aut.taker View Post
    Zeus is definitely Human too (mortal). He is a God (was?), granted, but he made himself Human because of is wife etc. - so should be included too in the Huma list
    Zeus is not definitely human. While his voicelines imply that he is mortal, his lore actually says that he is still a God, that he never gave up his immortality. It's quite the contradiction, so we can't say safely either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by aut.taker View Post
    Also, Pugna might be/has been a Human, his lore tells that he grew up etc. and then brought to the Cult thingy, so maybe there he got his horns and got all greenish?
    Pugna was born in a realm nearby the realm of Viper, the Nether Reaches, so I don't think that Pugna is actually human, especially since Viper and Pugna share the same colour scheme and overall design.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenDarkness View Post
    Drow Ranger : Drows are a piece of Elven Race. Their skin is darker , mostly they have white hairs and eyes , they usually live underground. They have extented vision in the night. They are an evil race. But rarerly there are some examples that proves not the All Drows are evil and someones are really more hero then other races. You can read their background history and why they are evil if you search a little in google.
    I'm going to have to correct you here. Modern day Drow definitions are the dark skinned, white haired Elves that live underground. The original Drow (or more commonly known as Trow) are those as described in Drow Ranger's lore. Traxex is not an actual Drow. She is a ranger raised by the Drow's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zayex View Post
    Did you just make up trowle or is valve using it?
    Shadow Shaman's lore calls him a part Hill Trowle, so the name 'Trowle' comes from Valve.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.



    Lore moderator.

  5. #35
    Frozen: Just a couple of things that you've got (decidedly) wrong. In Dota 2, Earthshaker is a spirit of the earth; he formed his body from the land so that he could roam it. And Traxex is not a Drow; she was just raised by them. Plus, Valve seems to be using the original definition of Drow, which means they aren't the 'dark elves' we know them to be in other fiction.

  6. #36
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenDarkness View Post
    First : The race of EarthShaker is exactly Minotour in Dota 2 style. Just like Blizzard, Valve have made a little change on this source race as I see. Perhaps they will change the race name. In addition You can see this race in Warcraft series as a Tauren.
    I disagree, HARD. Is it so hard to assume that Valve just went away from the minotaur path and made a completely different beast from it? It's now Valve's IP and they can do what the fuck they want with it, they don't have to adhere to any D&D/Middle Earth/Forgotten Realms whatever rules, they can just make a new creature from it on their own leasure.

    Go read Spirit Breaker his current lore, it implies heavily that it will be a minotaur like beast (or at least have some features from a bull), if Spirit Breaker is a Minotaur, then Earthshaker is something else, not just a 'valve minotaur'.

    The big mistake you make here is saying you have a lot of knowledge about 'fantasy role play', exactly, fantasy. Fantasy heavily implies that people can make up whatever they want it to be, not follow rules made up by others. For example, you could call Star Wars a fantasy (although some would call it Sci-Fi, I wouldn't call it that actually), do you see Orcs running around there? How can you have 'knowledge' about something that is not bound by ANY rule. If you would have said that you have alot of knowledge about D&D, your statement wouldn't be so weird, apart from the fact that this is DotA and not D&D. But now you are just enforcing rules on something which doesn't have alot of rules yet, only whatever Valve wants to make from this.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenDarkness View Post
    Drow Ranger : Drows are a piece of Elven Race. Their skin is darker , mostly they have white hairs and eyes , they usually live underground. They have extented vision in the night. They are an evil race. But rarerly there are some examples that proves not the All Drows are evil and someones are really more hero then other races. You can read their background history and why they are evil if you search a little in google.
    Yet Valve stated that Drow are nothing like that in DotA. (and that Drow Ranger is actually not a 'real' Drow).

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenDarkness View Post
    Pudge : I have no comments to make for him. He is zombie that's clear. About his story I have lots of theories but I'm not here to confuse anyone
    Wrong again. Well, he could be a 'zombie' if Valve makes that what a zombie is. Apart from that, Zombies are commonly resurrected corpses, not sewn together corpers which make up for a whole new creature. Which is what Pudge is.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenDarkness View Post
    Anti-Mage : Don't separate him from human class. His blink skill clearly shows his mind is linked a with source of eternity or the dark space. Which can explain those glowing eyes. Also mana-break skill is also proves that he is in contact with Cold-Dark Energy...
    Cold-Dark Energy? STOP - THIS.

    Really, it's nice and all that you have alot of knowledge about Dungeons and Dragons or whatever, but I can't urge this point enough:

    THIS IS NO DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. THIS IS NOT MIDDLE EARTH. THIS - IS - DOTA!
    Last edited by Coal; 12-26-2011 at 09:45 PM.

  7. #37
    What's going on here? I've laughed all replies on me except Hefaistus' one. You guys are actually misunderstanding. First of all Fantasy worlds have same resources which makes them similiar (including A universe like Star Wars and others...) . That can take more then a hour to teach someone about this thing. The another thing is; My comments were about their(heroes) looks not the valve's lore histories. You know why? I didn't read any background stories of any heroes yet. I was just talking about their source races. AND WHO CALLED DROW RANGER AS DROW ??? And you said that pudge is not a zombie. That's a shit. You said "Zombies are commonly ressurrected corpses" and You give your reply by yourself. I won't teach what zombie is. By the way I didn't say EarthShaker was a real Minotour (Note that DoTA 2 Style). It's samething to call a Tauren as Minotour.. AND AT LAST "DOTA" AND "DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS" are based on FRP. Even their mechanics are almost same. And I can give examples for DoTA from any Fantastic Game that based on FRP. Anything else?

  8. #38
    You're acting so hostile, man. Honestly, the way you're presenting yourself right now isn't helping at all. Cool off a bit, alright?

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    You're acting so hostile, man. Honestly, the way you're presenting yourself right now isn't helping at all. Cool off a bit, alright?
    Your comment is actually united with some parts of "Coal"'s one. And I readed it as one. Im sorry if you annoyed about my last comment.

  10. #40
    I think that Batrider can be considered a goblin or maybe more specifically gnoblar.

    But Razzle the Alchemist? Goblin? The guy's the gnomiest gnome in the game, next to tinker!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •