Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Name references and copyrighted content in DotA

thanks 4 the post!
    "Dasss dingoooooooooo"

It's always good to know that someone just got enlightened.

Brings up a question with the upcoming Pit Lord and Tauren Chieftain (well, they've got to be coming someday). Both their names and titles are Blizzard's copyright,.

And am i the only one who thinks that Boush is a reference to George Bush Jr.?

very informative thread. Thanks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    It's always good to know that someone just got enlightened.

Brings up a question with the upcoming Pit Lord and Tauren Chieftain (well, they've got to be coming someday). Both their names and titles are Blizzard's copyright,.

And am i the only one who thinks that Boush is a reference to George Bush Jr.?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that they won't have the same names, heck, Chieftain might become something else as a Tauren (those are Blizzard copyright too right? Earthshaker has become something else, Spirit Breaker lore implies he does get a 'bull form', Tauren Chieftain might become Minotaur Chieftain?)

Basic Member
    Its a shame Valve haven't made a traditional high fantasy themed game yet or we would have had references to those. Good job
    Thanks for picking up Dota 2 valve guys!

Basic Member
    Pit Lord is not copyrighted by Blizzard. There are also pit lords in Heroes of Might and Magic.

The way that Wacraft 3's Pit Lord look, I believe it is copyrighted.

A clarification on Tarrasque; it is in reference to Tarasque - a mythical monster from which D&D borrowed.
    When the world was young from a single Acorn he grew.

Kahn = Perisan ; Han, Hakan or Kagan = Turkish ; Khan, Qayan = Mongolian. Meanings are same in both languages but Kahn is not usually preferred as far as I know

Rated 5. That was amazing.
    I'm looking forward to see the rest of the items like Manta Style, Divine Rapier, Ethereal Blade, etc.