Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What Matches Count for Points?

Basic Member
    It seems the basis of strategy behind the fantasy league is to know which teams are playing when (a solid schedule) so you can make effective trades and "out-manager" your opponent for the week. So being unaware of what counts and including untraceable games entirely defeats the game of fantasy league. I agree that it should be clearly defined to allow us to plan effectively in the allowed time frame.
    Last edited by darcro; 05-21-2014 at 12:33 AM.

This fantasy league is most likely too broken to fix in time. From what I can tell there are way too many fixes required to make the thing enjoyable. We need; 1. balanced tournament selection so the teams play a relatively similar number of fair matches. 2. a planned schedule for upcoming matches. No one wants to do a school project just to change their roster everyday. Without this I don't want to waste my time on it.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button!
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Common Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Quote Originally Posted by smoghouse View Post
    2. a planned schedule for upcoming matches.
    It's impossible for Valve to provide a schedule (I think I foolishly asked for this in my OP, and I take it back) as Valve is not the one hosting 99% of the tournaments. I do agree with "darcro" above who said that the strategy behind this league is doing some research to see when tournaments are being played etc... This is why we're asking to see WHAT tournaments count so that the research isn't impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    None of us have enough time to keep track of all the tournaments going on and we certainly do not want to shuffle thru too much add/drop.
    Sorry, but FantasyLeague was not designed for the likes of you. It's meant for people that can spare a few minutes daily checking Joindota match-ticker, or Gosugamers's as it has more days. Or the ingame schedule (Watch-Events-Calendar) - that sadly give lots of "Radiant" vs. "Dire". Or team's / player's tweeter or facebook.

Your primary job as a fantasy league drafter It's choosing your 5 roster from players that actually have matches scheduled. Swap your backups, request transfers. Daily.

Phantom points have been fixed (the above mentioned sites were already bulletproof). I find it almost perfect, something that Valve haven't done for Dota2 in a long run.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasyaccount View Post
    And is a tournament like this going to count? http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota...-dota-2-league
    This would make more sense, but it doesn't seem to have a ticket in-game.
    +1
    I'm also interested if this tournament is going to count, as well as ESL One Asian Qualifiers.
    Last edited by igorini; 05-22-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Valve Developer
    If they show up in-game, and aren't an amateur tournament, they will count.

We're looking into the in-game status of these tournaments.

What the fantasy system (and DOTA in general) needs is a fixture list. Why can't I click on Titan in the game engine and have a full list of their upcoming matches displayed?

Without it the fantasy league is a crap shoot unless you've got a ton of time on your hand to research obscure websites.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersSchm View Post
    What the fantasy system (and DOTA in general) needs is a fixture list. Why can't I click on Titan in the game engine and have a full list of their upcoming matches displayed?

Without it the fantasy league is a crap shoot unless you've got a ton of time on your hand to research obscure websites.
    Because every tournament organizer has to configure this themselves - Valve cannot do it since they are not the ones in charge of 99% of the tournaments.
    I think it's been well established that research is the key difference in winning/losing. Otherwise fantasy just becomes "pick 8 players at the start and let them sit for 10 weeks".

If you don't want to do any research then clearly fantasy isn't for you...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    If they show up in-game, and aren't an amateur tournament, they will count.

We're looking into the in-game status of these tournaments.
    Thanks Chris!

Please give us the option to only include TI4. Right now it is not fantasy dota game, it is who can find out schedule better game.

None of my league members are interested anymore and I know plenty other people in the same boat.