Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PotM backwards leap arrow, bring back this 'glitch'.

Basic Member

PotM backwards leap arrow, bring back this 'glitch'.

So today I was being chased by a low hp enemy whilst I was low hp myself and tried to shoot an arrow out of my behind only to stop after the leap to fire an arrow...

Shooting arrows backwards as you leap has been there in DotA 1 since forever, I want it back! Sure there were other bugs that were left unattended (SK/Storm/Slark/Force Staff cliff bugs for example) but this is different. It's just animation cancelling, perfectly legit.

Basic Member
    It should definitely be implemented, gives skilled players an edge over beginners and is part of the dota soul...

Basic Member
    It should definitely be implemented!

Any more glithes you want to copy from first dota? May be linken's sphere rune glitch yeah?)) Though i don't mind, rather cool glitch and scorp's back stun too, but they won't do it anyway.

Basic Member
    I'm pretty sure Linken's Sphere rune glitch isn't animation cancelling. There's no reason why they couldn't port this 'feature' when they obviously ported animation cancelling elsewhere.

Basic Member
    I do not see why this being, while it actually isn't, "animation canceling" would give it an excuse to be in the game. Animation canceling refers to the act of prematurely interrupting your cast animation backswing by issuing a command that bypasses it, it does not mean "utilizing the fact that you can cast spells during Leap to fire arrows out of your behind". Leap was never coded with forced [X,Y] displacement which interrupts your order so that you would be able to cast spells during it, but being able to fire off Elune's Arrow in any direction while disregarding propulsion window is not included in this.

I'd rather see you contacting a developer directly if you want this implemented, because right now it is a bug which got fixed.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that what could be called bugged is that you can cast no spells during Leap, behaviour which does not reflect intended behaviour in DotA 1.
    Last edited by Robzor; 12-20-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Basic Member
    i would like to be implemented too

Tiger Fart!

Stupid bugs/glitches like this can die...
    Skills should do as they say, with no ambiguity and no weirdness. There should be consistency and it must appear visually possible.

DOTA2 is a serious competitive multiplayer game, not a singleplayer mod.
    Last edited by akaHideinlight; 12-20-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Basic Member
    Sorry but that made no sense. Ambiguity? Weirdness? It does exactly as the tool tip says. Why don't we change Tiny's Toss = double Avalanche hit because it's not in the description?

no
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7