Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "losing a match doesnt always mean that you lose rating??"

Quote Originally Posted by Inritus View Post
    What do you mean lie? This has happened ...

"is possible" is FAR from the same as often ...

System does let you progress, you just have to actually be better than the other players at your rating, not just think you are better.
    how does let you progress if its just another win/loss stat after the 10 calibration games? thats the problem.. it should calibrate your skill at every game you play,maybe with a bit different scale..You know that dota is not a one person game so no matter how better you are if the whole team isnt playing better its useless... the thing is that i cant do that high win streak at solo matchmaking .. .. its just not possible.. except if i get extremly lucky and get good teamates but still it wont last..who said anything about messing people's ratings...i just mentioned reset option one per account for the users that "think" they could have done better at calibration games.. because after that its just win/lose

Quote Originally Posted by _soldierodth_ View Post
    how does let you progress if its just another win/loss stat after the 10 calibration games? thats the problem.. it should calibrate your skill at every game you play,maybe with a bit different scale..You know that dota is not a one person game so no matter how better you are if the whole team isnt playing better its useless... the thing is that i cant do that high win streak at solo matchmaking .. .. its just not possible.. except if i get extremly lucky and get good teamates but still it wont last..who said anything about messing people's ratings...i just mentioned reset option one per account for the users that "think" they could have done better at calibration games.. because after that its just win/lose
    In the long run it does. Some games might be "unwinnable" no matter how well you do. But if you (almost) always play better than the other players in the game, you will win more games, and thus get more rating. You're not supposed to "be able to get a high win streak" on a regular basis, games are supposed to be 50/50 so you can do the math yourself about how unlikely it is to win 10 in a row. And like you say, you're only one of five players on a team. For this to happen you would have to be MUCH better than the other players at your rating - which you're not.

It's should only be win/lose. Any other stat is misleading, examples have even been given in this very thread. The other ~150 games before the calibration games are also part of the calibration, so it's not like it's inaccurate.

Basic Member
    yeah i never seen this happen before to anyone. I always lose rating when i lose and 90% of the time it has nothing to do with me. Like few games ago i was 24-7 with mid solo batrider and my team had 5 kills in 40 minutes.. i still lost rating.. how does that work? clearly by far i was carrying my team when i shoulda had more help, if i lose rating in that kind of game then what do i have to do to not lose rating? go 100-0? i mean thats just insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Inritus View Post
    In the long run it does. Some games might be "unwinnable" no matter how well you do. But if you (almost) always play better than the other players in the game, you will win more games, and thus get more rating. You're not supposed to "be able to get a high win streak" on a regular basis, games are supposed to be 50/50 so you can do the math yourself about how unlikely it is to win 10 in a row. And like you say, you're only one of five players on a team. For this to happen you would have to be MUCH better than the other players at your rating - which you're not.

It's should only be win/lose. Any other stat is misleading, examples have even been given in this very thread. The other ~150 games before the calibration games are also part of the calibration, so it's not like it's inaccurate.
    if its 50%-50% then how are you supposed to climb? lol..
    im not talking about giving you free ratings or anything.. .. its just that after the 10calibration games it doesnt matter how good or bad you play the only thing that matters is if its a win or a loss..

Thats kinda unfair because you got solo rating at a 5man game...it doesnt depend on 1 player.you push yourself to the limits doing everything possible to win the game but the team sucks and you end up losing rating no matter if you performed like dendi or if you were the best support in the world.... on the other hand you suck at the whole game feeding-failing but you ve got a nice team to carry you and you end up wining the game gaining rating :// how is that fair?? imo when you are performing good (even if you end up losing the game) you should be rewarded or at least lose less rating than normal..and when you suck you should lose more or gain less...

and what 150 games are you talking about? i got ranked instant unlocked having 2,5k games..
    Last edited by _soldierodth_; 06-01-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomTomNT View Post
    I always lose rating when i lose and 90% of the time it has nothing to do with me
    Hahahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Spoiler: 
    HAHAHA.

Let us know when you've joined us in the real world buddy.