Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "losing a match doesnt always mean that you lose rating??"

"losing a match doesnt always mean that you lose rating??"

hey guys do i remember correctly or am i wrong?
    when the whole mmr system was firstly introduced didnt they mention that if you played like very very well in a match you can still gain rating even if you dont win the game ?
    what a f. lie !.. i m not claiming that im pro or anything but there were a few situations that i was playing out of my head overperfoming doing everything possible to turn things around..

im not talking about being casually better from teammates..im talking about those rare games that you are by far the best even from your opponents who are wining...
    im sure that many people have experienced the same situation..and its not only about myself.. ive seen it happening at pro players too..But even then the rating drops!!

so i guess that statement doesnt work? wHYis that? and then whats the point of having this whole mmr system if it doesnt let you progress?? and doesnt seperate the "good" from the less good players in a game and doesnt reward them ?...is it just another win/loss stat that people take a bit more seriously because they think it shows your skill? And after all you just get stucked in a number and you cant improve anymore because the game doesnt allow you to even if you are playing better...you just need to be lucky to have a serius team...it feels broken to me :/

Basic Member
    Everyone in the game gains/loses the same amount of MMR. So yes, it's just another win/loss stat.

Performance only affects your MMR while you are calibrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    Quote Originally Posted by Legdotus View Post
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twl04046 View Post
    Sometimes the zeus ulti suddenly activated and it really scared me...

Basic Member
    Let's assume I play a cliff jungling furion and I farm the whole early to mid game. I will have beast late game items and I can 1v1 anyone. Infact I have 0 death and some kills and assist.

Meanwhile my whole team have only deaths.

Does this mean I should gain MMR? Because clearly I have the best KDA, highest GPM and XPM while my whole team has very bad KDA, no farm and are underlevelled.

Just from an other perspective. You cannot judge KDA, GPM, XPM.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Let's assume I play a cliff jungling furion and I farm the whole early to mid game. I will have beast late game items and I can 1v1 anyone. Infact I have 0 death and some kills and assist.

Does this mean I should gain MMR? Because clearly I have the best KDA, highest GPM and XPM while my whole team has very bad KDA, no farm and are underlevelled.

Is not this example how most ppl play dota ranked and non ranked games?

Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post

im not talking about afk farming the whole game and let your team carry you to the late game...even if you did that you wouldnt have high assist numbers..and im not judging from kills and gpm...its just some rare games that you are on steroids ganking-teleporting-assisting helping etc pretty much you are doing everything... anyway i think i got my answer above.. if its true and the game only calculates your "skill" at those 10 calibration games then its just a total fail..

a lot of people including myself didnt took mmr too seriously when it firstly came out because they didnt understand how exactly it worked and it was also kinda unbalanced at that time...so i guess with no reset avaliable there is no way to escape! !

they should add reset option though.. 1 time per account so you can have another chance.. would you guys like that? we should ask it from valve :P
    Last edited by _soldierodth_; 05-30-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _soldierodth_ View Post
    im not talking about afk farming the whole game and let your team carry you to the late game...even if you did that you wouldnt have high assist numbers..and im not judging from kills and gpm...its just some rare games that you are on steroids ganking-teleporting-assisting helping etc pretty much you are doing everything... anyway i think i got my answer above.. if its true and the game only calculates your "skill" at those 10 calibration games then its just a total fail..

a lot of people including myself didnt took mmr too seriously when it firstly came out because they didnt understand how exactly it worked and it was also kinda unbalanced at that time...so i guess with no reset avaliable there is no way to escape! !

they should add reset option though.. 1 time per account so you can have another chance.. would you guys like that? we should ask it from valve :P
    Either reset everyone's MMR at once or don't reset anything.

Quote Originally Posted by _soldierodth_ View Post

Wow, it's been shown multiple times that if you deserve so your mmr will rise. Even if your rank resets right now, you will probably end up with around the same rank. Here is an example. 2 months ago I found myself in 4.3k mmr. Guess what happenned when I started playing normally again? I burst back at 5k with a 20 win streak.

No need to mess up people's ranks so that some players can confirm they are indeed at a rank that matches their abilities.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J2Krauser View Post
    lol i did samething but they updated.. i was furion i had some issues with my internet connection i got abandon but i came back (like 10 mins later) and we won the game so got the +25..

What do you mean lie? This has happened ...

"is possible" is FAR from the same as often ...

System does let you progress, you just have to actually be better than the other players at your rating, not just think you are better.