Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: V Games Tournament - Season 2

Based on the comments in this post: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...erfinal_ig_vs/ it does seem like the people behind the tournament seem to be against getting a ticket for some reason which is a shame. Does not seem like they are that interested in sharing their reasons for not wanting one.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Yes, that should be true. If it's not, we'll correct it.

And we're encouraging all tournaments to at least have tickets (even if they're free) so everyone has access to DotaTV, replays, and fantasy points.
    So am I going to get the points from this tournament that i missed out on this week at some point? Is that possible? Just curious whether its possible or if I need to just disregard this tournament as a source of fantasy points and forget about the points I missed out on.

Quote Originally Posted by udragoth View Post
    So am I going to get the points from this tournament that i missed out on this week at some point? Is that possible? Just curious whether its possible or if I need to just disregard this tournament as a source of fantasy points and forget about the points I missed out on.
    Frankly, at this point it would be fair to not grant any points for V Games. It wasn't listed in DotaTV and there are only 3 matches left. Besides, I'm certain that most active fantasy players already adjusted their rosters to disregard any V Games matches and focused on working tournaments, like The Summit.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppMan217 View Post
    Frankly, at this point it would be fair to not grant any points for V Games. It wasn't listed in DotaTV and there are only 3 matches left. Besides, I'm certain that most active fantasy players already adjusted their rosters to disregard any V Games matches and focused on working tournaments, like The Summit.
    There are way more than 3 games left, only half of the group stages and play-offs have been completed. The rest will resume after DK and Vici return to China from The Summit. Still less than halfway through the tournament but I guess if there's no ticket there's no hope for fantasy points, an understandable loss.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppMan217 View Post
    Frankly, at this point it would be fair to not grant any points for V Games.
    Fair how? The tournament fell within the guidelines they gave us for which tournaments count, we set our lineups, and then the matches didn't count. If that is rectified the only people who are disadvantaged are the people who got an unfair advantage in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Fair how? The tournament fell within the guidelines they gave us for which tournaments count, we set our lineups, and then the matches didn't count. If that is rectified the only people who are disadvantaged are the people who got an unfair advantage in the first place.
    No it didn't. From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    If they show up in-game, and aren't an amateur tournament, they will count.
    The ticket did not show up in game --> it doesn't count.

Last Friday's patch did not include the Vgames ticket and you could search it in store and see that it didn't exist. It did not meet the guidelines and it makes perfect sense why it doesn't count.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasyaccount View Post
    From another thread:
    These threads are not part of the guidelines they gave us. Very few players even know these forums exist, even fewer are going to constantly read them to keep up with every little bit of information the devs post. Information they give us is patch notes and blog posts.

Guessing that there will be no points for those games as the week is coming to an end without any change and the friday brought a lot of new tickets but not the one we would need for this tournament. Shame it couldn't get resolved but know what to look out for in the future.

Basic Member
    so this tournament will not earn point? need confirmation again pls because they will play some match next days

Valve Developer
    Unfortunately it does not look like we will have a ticket for this tournament, so it will not score fantasy points.