Thread: Unit stuck under key binding :/

Basic Member

Unit stuck under key binding :/

Typically I place hero in a control group hot-keyed to the 1 button on my keyboard. So when I press 1 I will auto-select my hero. Units are generally in 2. For example Nature's Prophet is in a group hot-keyed under 1 and his summons under 2.

My console saves my key bindings. Not all the time, sometimes I have to re-assign the control group to a hot key like when a game restarts. However some heroes have the key-bindings saved even after starting a new game.

One day playing shadow shaman I was binding the selected hero to hot key 1, but when I did that, I accidentally added the courier to the control group as well. So now whenever I press the 1 button (I do it naturally after years of wc3) it selects the hero shadow shaman and the courier.

Now I don't need the courier in that control group. How can I remove the courier from the control group? Restarting the client or starting a new game does not resolve the issue. I come back and press the 1 button the hero and courier will be auto-selected.

Thank you in advance for your help and directions.

Basic Member
    Strg + group key = makes a whole new bind. Saves only the selected units into the control group.
    Shift + group key = adds the selected unit to your existing group. (Useful when playing Broodmother. This mechanic comes from RTS genre.)

I had some confusion regarding that as well.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Strg + group key = makes a whole new bind. Saves only the selected units into the control group.
    Shift + group key = adds the selected unit to your existing group. (Useful when playing Broodmother. This mechanic comes from RTS genre.)

What is Strg + group key?

Basic Member
    sorry I meant ctrl + group key. My keyboard is german.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Thank you