Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Opinion on the Fantasy League in General

Banned
    I have two issues, first is the lack of motivation, after you get the 50 CP there's not much to keep you caring much about the league anymore, any kind of positive motivators, even if it's something simple as words can do.

The 2nd issue is the complexity of the entire thing, especially to people who aren't familiar with these stuff, it could be made easier.

The complexity issue could maybe been resolve with letting players decide, what tournament the fantasy league counts points for.

Also a "invite <friend name> to fantasy league" in the dota2 drop down menu would be kind of cool (we could even do something like "gift fantasy league pass to <friends name>" (if he dose not have a league pass that is))
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

give more rewards and you will bring more attention wich will bring more feedback wich will improve next seasons.

you could give a box to the winner of each week giving a random common/mythical item and after the league is over a little better price for the 1-2-3 positions.

Basic Member
    Yea, little weekly prizes for winners will bring more people definitily.

I really like this game mode, I find it goes very well on track to be the first season everything is going relatively well, I hope to continue improving for the coming seasons and hopefully some prizes to give away the first places. (sorry my english i use google translate)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Thanks for the great feedback in this thread!

We're going to be working on ways to encourage tournaments to be better about entering games. Hopefully that will reduce some of the difficulty in figuring who's playing when -- we want it to be SOME work and strategy, deciding who to play on any given day, etc. But we don't want it to be annoyingly difficult to figure out either. It's a tough balance, and one we'll continue to work on.
    Really appreciate your work and effort in keeping us informed and I look forward to a revised edition of the league.

Basic Member
    I agree the execution hasn't been great, it seems like it was rushed out, maybe they had their hands full with compendium stuff or something.

One specific problem I have found is the UI for the fantasy league itself has a few flaws, for example no way to directly compare two or more players. Also the lack of a player search box during the draft was a real pain in the ass.

Basic Member
    Something else that I think could be considered - a website or mobile app outside of the game client that would allow for configuring/tinkering with your team. Always having to navigate through the game client is cumbersome, and not always needed just to change around a lineup. Also great for scenarios when you're away from your main Dota 2 machine and want to make those changes.