Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Javelin's pierce does 75% damage against heroes

[Confirmed] Javelin's pierce does 75% damage against heroes

The pierce damage from javelin Does only 75% damage against heroes instead of 50% damage from being pierce type, or 100%damage from hero type.
    Repor:
    1. Buy a javelin
    2. hit enemy hero many times
    3. Javelin proc does 30 damage instead of 40 or 20 (assuming no armor)
    pierce broke.png
    With bane I brought phantom's attacks down to about 1 damage and came up with these results.

EDIT: Javelin is doing Magic damage instead of physical,
    Screenshot_2.png
    The bane in this image was holding a cloak.
    Last edited by Paradox_moth; 06-11-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Basic Member
    isnt the damage type magical?

No, it's physical damage.

Basic Member
    What says it's pierce damage and not normal physical?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
    What says it's pierce damage and not normal physical?
    "Passive Pierce "
    http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Javelin

Other saying it's passive is called "Pierce" which gives a chance to do bonus damage, nothing. That still doesn't explain the reason for it being reduced by 25% instead of by 0% that hero damage should be, or by 50% that pierce should be doing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox_moth View Post
    Other saying it's passive is called "Pierce" which gives a chance to do bonus damage, nothing. That still doesn't explain the reason for it being reduced by 25% instead of by 0% that hero damage should be, or by 50% that pierce should be doing.
    What happens if you attack magic immune enemies with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    What happens if you attack magic immune enemies with it?
    Upon testing, Pierce is blocked by magic immunity and reduced by magic resist. So it looks like the pierce from javelin does magic damage... Is that intentional? Can anyone with WC3 confirm, or is parity with WC3 not a thing anymore?

Even if there was a piercing damage type, you'd have to check the map configuration to see how much damage it is supposed to do versus various armor types.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

1). In Dota 1 Javelin damage is fully triggered and ATTACK_TYPE_HERO,DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL,WEAPON_TYPE_WH OKNOWS which means it deals 100% damage to heroes. (physical hero damage) It triggers then attack animation starts.

Bug: In dota 2 it deals 30 damage to heroes but 40 to creeps. Indeed it looks like magical damage. I used magic amplifications and increased damage

2). In dota 1 it deals damage as separated instance but in dota 2 it adds to attack.

Bug: In dota 2 it adds damage to attack instead of being separated instance.

P.S. To test exact physical damage I recommend using level 1 Wisp with 0 armor.