Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: [Suggestion] Color/Mana/LvL

Basic Member
    This mana bar thing is retarded, god there is like 13325325252 topic about that out there.

People already said : mana bar = less skill needed because it remove the surprise effect (if you don't check you're gonna get surprised that they can use another skill for example because in your mind he was oom). And for the argument "WELL TROLOLO WHY DON'T WE JUST REMOVE THEM THEN?" : because it also lower the skill needed if you can't check there's nothing to do so no extra click so no skill involved.

For the other parts, i don't really care about this health bar color, i'm fine with the one we have and i would be fine with the other one. And for the lvl thing i got used to it but i agree it's not the best thing of the game it could use a change.

Basic Member
    I think the mana bars should be included. At this point, viewing mana is a matter of apm/mouse quality. Users with high apm or a very accurate mouse can view any enemies mana in an instant, while players with less physical skill or inferior hardware cannot. I agree it affects strategy, but since you can just check anyways, it seems ridiculous. I don't think dota designers implemented this to give people an advantage based on apm and hardware, but I believe that's the effect it is having.

Health bars changing colors would be very nice, but not incredibly important.

Basic Member
    The moment they add mana bars I ditch this DOTA 2 game and get back to Warcraft 3 DotA.

Basic Member
    Right now the health bar colors are the only obvious thing differentiating enemies and allies. If they were homogenized into green/yellow/orange/red for both teams, there would be a lot of confusion I think.

Basic Member
    I think the mana bars should be included. At this point, viewing mana is a matter of apm/mouse quality. Users with high apm or a very accurate mouse can view any enemies mana in an instant, while players with less physical skill or inferior hardware cannot. I agree it affects strategy, but since you can just check anyways, it seems ridiculous. I don't think dota designers implemented this to give people an advantage based on apm and hardware, but I believe that's the effect it is having.
    It's not ridiculous, since DotA lives from split-second decisions
    Those split-second decisions would make DotA an AFK farmfest like LoL

Right now the health bar colors are the only obvious thing differentiating enemies and allies. If they were homogenized into green/yellow/orange/red for both teams, there would be a lot of confusion I think.
    You have Crosses and Tears and different colors/teamcolors aswell as the lack of mirror matches, and you still can't differe enemy from ally? Are you serious?

Basic Member
    Although I try to think about new players, usability, learning curve and all that stuff, I must agree that mana bars on enemies is a bad idea. It must be a matter of some clicks if you are just creeping at your lane, but in a team fight, or a gank, you'll not have the time to check the mana of each enemy hero to decide what to do (fight back or run away), or which enemy you should focus in a team fight.

For example, if Team A try to catch Team B by surprise, and Team A has a Enigma, Team B should expect a Black Hole, so they'll probably focus him. But if the mana bar/number is showed, Team B will know in a glance that Enigma don't have mana to ult, so they'll just ignore him and focus on someone else.