Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Latest Update - Can't play bots offline

Basic Member
    Its not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahadipa View Post
    DOTA 2 OFFLINE MODE USING CONSOLE
    Yes, you can play dota 2 latest update in offline mode, without internet connection

first step.
    1. go to dota 2 installation folder in steam..\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg
    2. Create a file autoexec.cfg (using notepad or right click-new-new text document then change the name to autoexec.cfg)

Second Step.
    paste this code to autoexec.cfg

con_enable "1"
    //==Dota 2 in offline mode==//
    alias "offline0" "sv_cheats 1;sv_lan 1;dota_start_ai_game 1;dota_bot_set_difficulty 0;map dota.bsp;"
    alias "offline1" "sv_cheats 1;sv_lan 1;dota_start_ai_game 1;dota_bot_set_difficulty 1;map dota.bsp;"
    alias "offline2" "sv_cheats 1;sv_lan 1;dota_start_ai_game 1;dota_bot_set_difficulty 2;map dota.bsp;"
    alias "offline3" "sv_cheats 1;sv_lan 1;dota_start_ai_game 1;dota_bot_set_difficulty 3;map dota.bsp;"
    alias "offline4" "sv_cheats 1;sv_lan 1;dota_start_ai_game 1;dota_bot_set_difficulty 4;map dota.bsp;"
    //==Dota 2 in offline mode==//

Fourth Step.
    Open Dota 2 properties (in steam game library right click)-set launch option then add -console
    Click image for larger version. Name: steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_166409907_prev iew.png Views: 108 Size: 35.5 KB ID: 28152

Last step
    Click image for larger version. Name: In game console.png Views: 115 Size: 243.7 KB ID: 28153
    Launch Dota 2, the console will open automatcally, type:
    offline0 (play againts passive)
    offline1 (play againts Easy)
    offline2 (play againts Medium)
    offline3 (play againts Hard)
    offline4 (play againts Unfair)

where the he... is the 3rd step???

sorry it helped. but it's a pain in the a... to type offline4 everytime u wanna create game. thanks anyway

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly1717 View Post
    sorry it helped. but it's a pain in the a... to type offline4 everytime u wanna create game. thanks anyway
    You can bind it to a hotkey by appending
    Code:
    bind "o" "offline4"
    to the autoexec.cfg. You can replace o with your own choice, of course.

Still can't play in offline mode

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseTheSun20 View Post
    Still can't play in offline mode
    Have you tried the steps mentioned above? or do you have details about your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezel View Post
    Have you tried the steps mentioned above? or do you have details about your problem?
    I guess I should have been more clear. The above workaround does work for me, but by default settings, offline mode is not working as it should still.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GABEN-LOW-PRIORITY View Post
    SUGGESTION FOR LAZY DOTA DEVELOPERS

16 LOW PRIORITY AFTER WON GAME. WHY ? REPORTED BY ENEMY TEAM (HATE REPORT)
    MY TEAM COMMENDED ME FOR CARRYING THEM.

I AM VERY FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL.
    I NEVER FLAME.
    YOU UNDERSTAND?
    NO YOU DONT

MMR? ~5500
    (and no i don't use allcaps in game. Why all caps in forum? Because Dota team is lazy and does not improve the system. THEY DON'T EVEN TRY. THEY DON'T EVEN CARE. all they do is read reddit. i don't use reddit.
    THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I GET LOW PRIORITY. ITS ALWAYS THE SAME.

ALWAYS HATE REPORTS BY ENEMY TEAM ...

DISABLE REPORTS BY ENEMY TEAM

VALVE, PLEASE DISABLE REPORTS BY ENEMY TEAM

THANKS
    So, you are telling me that you are too fucking retarded to post into the correct forum section but you are the Holy Lord Saviour when it comes to playing doto. Ok, bro. While I agree that the report system sucks, it seems to me that it worked fine in this instance.
    But I have my friendly day so here is how you get out of the 16 games:
    1) Start low-priority matches and abandon until you are getting put into low-priority for abandoning. Abandoning is capped to 6 low-priority games and will override the report punishment.
    2) With 10 games saved, play ARDM and feed.
    3) Play normal games until you get reported for picking a hero or buying an item again.