Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time bar auto-hide is kinda annoying the way it works

Time bar auto-hide is kinda annoying the way it works

The title basically. The fact that you have to move the camera down to make it appear is frustrating. I know big deal, but imo it would be better to make the bottom area of the screen do the same job.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE PUNISHMENT SYSTEM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Holy hell, this. I registered just to say how ungodly annoying this "feature" is.

Please create a toggleable option to have this always-show in the upper right like it used to, PLEASE.

Edit - To elaborate why it's terrible; Most people aren't going to watch a replay straight thru, at one set speed. You jump around because you're looking for something specific; you're speeding past the uneventful parts, etc. You want to be able to freely 'move around' as you please, this creates an unnecessary hindrance. Plus when you're focused on a particular part of the screen then move bump the camera DOWN just to get the bar to show, then scroll back up, but now you need to adjust the bar again, etc. is really annoying.

The benefits to auto hide... saving a few pixels of screen space in the corner?? I'm not sure. Basically it's something that didn't need to be changed.
    Last edited by EvilTeletubby; 06-21-2014 at 02:47 PM. Reason: elaboration

True they could just add an auto hide option you can click to tur in off or on

Banned

new replay play bar inconvenience

its on the bottom and pops up when you hover ur mouse cursor near on the bottom of screen

this play bar is too close enough to mistakenly trigger edge pan, moving camera unwillingly

overall replay changes seems good

Basic Member
    The autohide of the time bar is awful. Please let us disable it.

Also "takeover" mode is broken. It just endlessly loads the cinematic loading screen and you can never get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zitapis View Post
    The fact that you have to move the camera down to make it appear is frustrating.
    I find this very annoying as well. Another thing related to this (which is why I originally registered):

When viewing a replay from player perspective, you see the mouse cursor of the player. Every time the player moves his mouse to the bottom area of the screen, the time bar pops up. This is insanely annoying when trying to watch a replay from the perspective of a specific player to analyze or something.

speaking of annoyance in the spectator mode: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=138905

Quote Originally Posted by CrackOfDawN View Post
    I find this very annoying as well. Another thing related to this (which is why I originally registered):

When viewing a replay from player perspective, you see the mouse cursor of the player. Every time the player moves his mouse to the bottom area of the screen, the time bar pops up. This is insanely annoying when trying to watch a replay from the perspective of a specific player to analyze or something.
    That definetely needs to be fixed

Basic Member
    Please do add the option to toggle the thing. I commentate via replays and one of my petpeves is showing how much time is left in the game. I don't want to spoil it for the viewers. In the past, I just put something to cover the replay time (example http://youtu.be/-m8R-jZcl7s?t=32s - The replay timer is under the courier/roshan thing in the top right). Now its impossible to do that without covering important ability information, and the "auto showing" of it when you pan down (something that's important to do when following a team fight) makes it difficult to keep the cast spoiler free.

All we are really asking is for a way to reliably toggle it on and off in game. That would be more than adequate to satisfy everyone :c