Thread: Hero challenge only for non-ranked games

Basic Member

Hero challenge only for non-ranked games

It is very very frustrating when you have like 3 ppl in your team with Puck/Invo/Meepo/Pudge or whatever just to complete this worthless hero challenge. It ruines about 50% of my games cause people pick heroes they simply cannot play. It is fine that you do all those Compendium shit but it shouldn't affect the game, especially rated games. Can you PLEASE make this compendium things for non-rated games only?!

There was a topic about this when the 10 hero challenge was introduced. I believe it was locked because it turned into people throwing shit at eachother.

Basic Member
    I agree with OP, it ruins a lot of games

This challenge changed absolutely nothing. If you do not like people picking heroes they themselves want to play (be it because of challenge or just because they feel like it) then play CM, it's that simple. In AP people pick what they want and this challenge is not to blame for that.
    The world is black and white. On one side there are those who are right, complain about valve, spam unhelpfully and everyone who disapprove what you are doing are obviously valveknights.

+1

Hero challenge ruins games.
    I play the daily hero challenge in Normal matchmaking and if I lose the game, I get reported -_- (got muted).
    I think the hero challenge should be available only vs Unfair Bots (Co-op) so you won't get reported for trying to win.
    This is how Dota2 games should look like! Game 1_Game 2_Game 3_Game 4_Game 5_Game 6

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mabujold View Post
    This challenge changed absolutely nothing.
    Wrong. It changed a lot. More than 20% of all ranked players pick heroes that don't fit into the lineup and that they are incapable to play. Before this feature was introduced, it was 0%. The quality of matches went downhill, there's barely any enjoyable match anymore, the winner is usually decided by which team is lucky to not have Compendium Player.

The advantages of having Compendium count for ranked games:
    - None.
    The disadvantages:
    - Horrible games, usually also very one sided
    - Lots of arguing inside teams, even more reports than usual and more frustration
    - Less impact for good players to turn the match into their favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    The advantages of having Compendium count for ranked games:
    - None.
    Wrong... You get shared Battle points

There is a change in ranked All pick: You must pick your compendium hero challenge HERO before the anyone else in your team => Enemy team will easy pick counter for it and you will lose more games... So... yeah more reports, more rage, more games ruined.
    Good thing the TI4 ends in less than a month!
    This is how Dota2 games should look like! Game 1_Game 2_Game 3_Game 4_Game 5_Game 6

Quote Originally Posted by vladn View Post
    Wrong... You get shared Battle points

There is a change in ranked All pick: You must pick your compendium hero challenge HERO before the anyone else in your team => Enemy team will easy pick counter for it and you will lose more games... So... yeah more reports, more rage, more games ruined.
    Good thing the TI4 ends in less than a month!
    Battle points? Seriously?

Basic Member
    Just want to add this here, a thread that got closed, it has the same topic and factual evidence to what OP is talking about:

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=139305