Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Confirmed]Geomagnetic Grip cancels ES current orders when using on invalid/no target

Ok. I found out what he means. Best example can be found in differences of casting Toss in dota 1 and 2

Dota 1: Invalid cast will interrupt orders queue. (as Geomagnetic Grip)

Dota 2: Invalid casts do not interrupt orders queue.

In WC3 there is no way to make such skills uncastable then they are casted invalidly so instead you get paused an issued "stop" order.

Banned
    But what does Geomagnetic Grip have to do with this? It's working fine and interrupting cast order in both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    But what does Geomagnetic Grip have to do with this? It's working fine and interrupting cast order in both games.
    OP wants it not to interrupt orders

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igo95862 View Post
    OP wants it not to interrupt orders
    Correct, tho i have moved this to the Misc. as a suggestion.

The videos give a really good illustration of what i mean, Earth spirit freezes like tiny does in d1, but Tiny himself in d2 does not freeze, i would make it consistent with dota2, and not dota1.
    As they have fixed this issue with Tiny (which in the first place was there due to limitations), they should absolutely fix this with Earth Spirit as well, giving away the same coexistence and consistency with other dota heros.
    I personally strongly believe this, as Earth spirit is not an easy hero to play, and people will probably (like i did) venture through other heroes before they will muster strength to master Earth Spirit himself.

Last edit: big kudos for the illustration, that is exactly what i mean.
    Last edited by Earthdono; 06-27-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    There is no reason for it to interrupt you and it's something uncodable in WC3.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    There is no reason for it to interrupt you and it's something uncodable in WC3.
    Exactly, now as we have dota2 we have all the reasons to implement this, as it is codable and already in use (as in Tinys toss illustrated above).

With that i think i have highlighted this "issue" if you may call it that (i sure as hell do), and let the mods and dev decide.

A personal opinion is that if this is fixed Earth Spirit will become much more pleasant to play, and it will loosen up the sideffects his mechanics is causing now.

And before i leave this matter i strongly suggest that you implement him like this, as a fellow dotaplayer and programmer(ye every1s a programmer now right?).
    Last edited by Earthdono; 06-27-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Changed title and added.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Great work, great choice and the right one as well. Good job, mods and devs and forum <3.