Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Loadscreen Tip Suggestions (Updated: 2-13-2014)

Basic Member
    Code:
    "dota_tip_advanced_27"				"You can sell and repurchase a Black King Bar to reset its magic immunity duration."
    You cannot sell it. You can only drop it.
    Last edited by crinckle; 08-29-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Banned
    "As long as your Hero is within range of a kill, you will gain experience. Scoring the last hit will earn your Hero more experience."
    I've never heard of this before, quite sure it's wrong.

Also, how are we supposed to know which new ones are added? Is there no way to see new additions? It's tiring to go through all the old ones too.
    Last edited by Noo; 08-29-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crinckle View Post
    Code:
    "dota_tip_advanced_27"				"You can sell and repurchase a Black King Bar to reset its magic immunity duration."
    You cannot sell it. You can only drop it.
    I'll fix that before it goes to the main client. Thanks!

Banned
    Achieving the last hit on a creep or hero will earn you additional gold and experience"

That is also wrong, kinda the same one I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisK View Post
    I'll fix that before it goes to the main client. Thanks!
    And what about the third note of the Shadow Dance of Slark? It's listed as a confirmed bug for crying out loud!
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Advanced: Consider saving for buyback later in the game, it could win you a major fight.
    Advanced: You can ward enemy jungle camps so the jungle creeps won't spawn.
    Advanced: After destroying a tier 3 tower, the tier 4 towers become vulnerable. Barracks do not need to be destroyed.
    Advanced: You can disjoint some projectiles with Blink Dagger.
    Advanced: Using Manta Style will displace you from your original position. Use this to confuse enemies.
    Universal: Communicate with your team.

Banned
    INTERMEDIATE: Attack range doesn't matter when determining whether a hero is ranged or melee, as long as the hero has projectile speed, it's considered a ranged hero.

I'm surprised by how many people that don't know if Razor or TA are ranged or melee.
    Last edited by Noo; 09-15-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Banned
    "dota_tip_intermediate_47" "You can use a Quelling Blade to damage enemy wards."
    Should be specified that it only works against Sentries and Observer, it doesn't work against any other enemy wards, and maybe add that it deals 100 direct damage instead of just damage.

"dota_tip_advanced_16" "Pure Damage, dealt by some hero abilities and items, can be blocked with magic immunity, such as by using a Black King Bar. Pure Damage is not affected by magic resistance."
    Might wanna add that it's reduced by Bristleback (the skill) and the Dispersion.
    "dota_tip_advanced_23" "Shadow Blade can still be activated while channeling a Town Portal Scroll."
    Morel like Windwalk (except for Meld) based abilities can be used during channeling.

"dota_tip_advanced_24" "Switching Power Treads to Agility while healing allows your heath and mana to restore faster. Just don't forget to switch them back!"
    Posted here
    Last edited by Noo; 09-15-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Banned
    Were no tips added or fixed in the latest patch?

Updated! Keep the tips coming!