Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lina - Everlasting Array Kinetic Gem does nothing.

Basic Member

Exclamation Lina - Everlasting Array Kinetic Gem does nothing.

As title says, it should change her Light Strike Array, but instead does nothing.

On a little sidenote: The preview of Gyrocopters new item set only shows his rocket. Everything else is invisible.

Basic Member
    Instead of raising her hands and dropping them for the stun, she waves one hand then gestures to the ground, it's working for me

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dandaman753 View Post
    Instead of raising her hands and dropping them for the stun, she waves one hand then gestures to the ground, it's working for me
    She already does that without the gem. She alternates animations. And it's supposed to have custom effects. Here's a quote from the creator:
    "We have created a new animation and special effect for Lina's Light Strike Array skill. (These custom effects are pending Valve feedback and approval.)"

That was posted 5 months ago. Don't tell me it's still pending when they've already added the gem to the game.

Edit: Here's concept art that was posted god knows how long ago for the Light Strike Array http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...E3A5FFA271C5F/
    Last edited by z33k; 07-03-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Basic Member
    Sorry, you're right, I got it confused with the dragon slave animation

Quote Originally Posted by z33k View Post
    She already does that without the gem. She alternates animations. And it's supposed to have custom effects. Here's a quote from the creator:
    "We have created a new animation and special effect for Lina's Light Strike Array skill. (These custom effects are pending Valve feedback and approval.)"
    In bold. While it indeed may be a bug, there is also a possibility that Valve approved animations but not the particle effects. Btw Kinetic Gems contain only animations.
    Remember, remember the 1st of November

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keowee View Post
    Btw Kinetic Gems contain only animations.
    False, look at some of the custom effects on the new Immortal items, from the top of my head, take Tinker's Immortal Boots of Travel. Effect comes from the kinetic gem, another example would be Legion Commander's arcana, showing the duels won counter with the gem. I'm sure there are more examples.

Quote Originally Posted by z33k View Post
    False, look at some of the custom effects on the new Immortal items, from the top of my head, take Tinker's Immortal Boots of Travel. Effect comes from the kinetic gem, another example would be Legion Commander's arcana, showing the duels won counter with the gem. I'm sure there are more examples.
    NONE of those effects come from Kinetic Gems. All those who transferred the Kinetic Gems from the Immortal items to other items of the respective heroes ended up with transferred animations but not particle effects. The gem responsible for particle effects is Mastery Gem, not Kinetic Gem, and the only one present on the market now is for KotL Illuminate.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keowee View Post
    NONE of those effects come from Kinetic Gems. All those who transferred the Kinetic Gems from the Immortal items to other items of the respective heroes ended up with transferred animations but not particle effects. The gem responsible for particle effects is Mastery Gem, not Kinetic Gem, and the only one present on the market now is for KotL Illuminate.
    Except the 6 new ones for puck, ta and timber

Looks like Valve didn't implemented the particle effect yet, but they will soon.

Proof: http://gfycat.com/AssuredUnlinedFly

Quote Originally Posted by dandaman753 View Post
    Except the 6 new ones for puck, ta and timber
    Didn't check the new sets. But yes, those have Mastery Gems too (Dota2wiki mentions Puck and Timber, dunno about TA).