Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pudge ignored by bots

Basic Member

Pudge ignored by bots

Once u pass like the 2k hp barrier with pudge the bots are basically oblivious of pudge. They walk by him, stand near him and don't even try to hit him. I've played 6-7 games so far and noticed the same decisions by the bots. Also in team fights if pudge hook pulls a bot from behind the rest of the team don't even bother to step back 4-5 steps, they continue their task till they are low hp or finished their original task.

I tried the same with balanar yesterday night got him over 3k hp and the bots were not so bad, they didn't totally ignore him.

This issue, if it can be considered one, has been around for at least a minimum of 1 month so far. Played pudge and balanar before the last patch and after the patch and the issue is still present.

Basic Member
    Sounds similar to an issue Ive noticed where if you become (what I would consider) too strong for a bot 1v1 they just seem to stop fighting and tend to run back and forth in a small area until they are dead or almost dead. Its like theyre paralyzed with fear or something lol.

Nah, it's not only pudge. Bots start to ignore you in general after you're in their base. You can just run around and kill everyone in the base because they're completely ignoring you.
    What the hell did they programmed them with?C--?
    Naaaah,I'm just kidding ChriC Good job so far on those bots. Still A LOT to do but it's called beta for a reason.

Yes, when you are i their base and one rax is down and creeps/heroes are all inside hitting buildings, you can kill tem one by one while they wander arround the base.

I think that if any hero goes into the base they must do:

1º WHILE oponents or creeps inside the base:

IF atackers have 2 more heroes than defenders
    THEN
    IF atackers are almost full life
    THEN spam spells from far away towards heroes and creeps. IF atacked THEN retreat to fountain FI
    ELSE spam spells from far or mid distance against the low life heroes.
    FI
    ELSE
    Meet together until together we are more or equal than them
    WHILE we are more or we have more hp or they have no mana to cast spells
    Start walking to the most valuable atacked building.
    Focus together the nearest hero. If many enemy hero near, focus the find_the_biggest_threat_in_base().
    IF less than 1/3 life or no mana and no low hp oponent near and oponents still in base
    THEN retreat to fountain regen.
    FI
    IF oponent heroes are not in base
    THEN if less than 100 hp and no healing/life steal efect
    then cast all on creeps and back regen.
    else cast all no ulti spells on creeps and focus atack on catapults.
    fi
    FI
    END WHILE
    FI

END WHILE

function find_The_Biggest_Threat_In_Base()

-- Im not doing the case tree here, too lazy :P
    1§Oponent than can be instant killed from one of our spells.
    2§Oponent chaneling something in team range.
    3§Oponent very low life that can be instant killed by comboing with our team.
    4§OPONENT ATACKING YOUR HEROES IF YOUR HEROES ARE LOW HP OR CAN BE KILLED BY OPONENT EASILY.
    5§Krobelus with ultimate focusing valuable building.
    6§Leshrack casting edict with no creeps arround.
    7§Oponent with a AOE healing spell.
    8§Low hp hero atacking building.
    9§Oponent atacking your team.
    10§Lowest hp hero.

end

Fuck ultraedit spaces are being ignored you wont see a shit , if you edit it you will see them and that if-tree will have more sense

Valve Developer
    Dealing with high-health/power enemies is on the todo list. It's hard because you don't want them to commit to an attack when they think they're going to fail, but regardless they definitely shouldn't just hang around and wait to be killed.

Welcome back to work Chris.

Basic Member
    And wow, what a lot of work that is. A whole page of replies! He's sure keeping busy now.

I notice this a lot when playing Huskar against bots. With orb walking, I can easily gain a ton of momentum in the middle lane against whoever my lane opponent is. Usually I'll be level 6 while they're still level 2, although this is kind of a separate issue with bots and couriers. However, the game isn't 100% won at that point, normally. It's just when we get to teamfights, I'll be at low health ripping away at various targets, and even though they could do a ton of damage and disable me, they all break off. They might need a better sense of how much damage they could do to the other team together, especially if that damage is in the form of one powerful hero next to you. While he has the chance to kill your entire team, it's worth it if they throw as much as they can to secure an advantage in defending/pushing.

Basic Member
    Good to know that problem is dealt with Experienced it with a whole host of heroes.

Could we get a sticky for the Bot board in which the problems acknowledged by the Devs are listed? That way we know if we should post bot related problems.

Valve Developer
    Sure, I'll put together a "known issues" sticky tomorrow.

This should be somewhat better in tomorrow's update. I can still get them to ignore me oddly in some situations, but it's much less common than it was before.

Basic Member
    Tomorrow is Wednesday! Are updates coming out Wednesday now? Oh my god, I've got to go update my blog!!! (not really)

Yeah, a known issues thread would be great. If there are issues that are fixed in an upcoming update, that would be a great place for it, especially for occasions in the future where patches cover more than a week. It's felt a little pointless reporting on anything in this three week period, since it seems like a majority of the noticeable or significant bugs would be fixed in that time.