Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot see skills, projectiles or hear skills/projectiles.

Same problem here. Definitely it's server-sided. I hope they will fix it soon, because it damages the gameplay seriously.

I have the same problem with the Dota 2 client (not the test client).
    Sometimes hero skill effects and units/tower/hero projectiles do not display at all or start displaying 1-2s too late. Same problem for the sound related to those skills / attacks and the gold bounty you earn when you kill a creep (effect & sound).
    As far as I've observed, these glitches concern all the heroes and all the abilities. I watched a replay of one of my games but I did not see any of the glitches I noticed while playing.

It makes the game really hard to play since sometimes you are attacked and you realize what is happening with a huge delay.

I'm located in France and play on EU West servers, my ping is usually around 50-60ms.
    I have checked the game cache integrity, my lauch options are "-novid -console". I tried to tinker my graphic settings but it did not resolve the problem.

Please, if you're aware of a solution to this leave a comment here, even a short reply or a link would help.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by @P3pper; 07-07-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Basic Member
    Also having this problem on EUW.
    "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

Also having this problem was paying as pudge today and i would hook i seen no hook only the hero i was trying to hook coming back at me .... also seen no animation or heard no sound ended up losing game because of it... also they had a Phantom lancer in there team could not see his Spirit Lance when cast or a few other spells, and also could not seen gold earned while farming.

Caused me to loose the game as pudge as i could not see where the hook was going or if i had actually hooked the person until they where basicly next to me .....

Basic Member
    Have this in EUW as well. Playing from Spain with FTTH, so I'm positive it's not from the client side.

Basic Member
    Are you also experiencing stutter and missed sound effects when spectating live TI games? I see the heroes warping and things like the last hit sounds are occasionally missing (maybe other things - had to watch on Twitch instead).
    "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

Basic Member
    invisible fissure, invisible tower fireball, no spell sound, no voice.... wtf

Matchmaking is fine, Players are not.
    VALVE ! FIX PLAYERS PLEASE !

Still an issue, Valve.

Game is unplayable for some heroes, especially for people who are new to the game and do not know the animations for heroes, for example Drow Ranger - a problem my friend was having today was that he could not last hit because he could not see the arrows.

Lich is literally.. well.. overpowered? You can't see his ultimate sometimes and it's kinda ridiculous.

Missing projectiles

Not sure where to post this so feel free to move.
    I have been playing dota for about a year now all fine but im experiencing this weird bug as of 2 days ago. i have reason to believe someone was messing around in the router settings one night, and the next day this bug occurs. This makes me think it is a problem on my end. This bug includes:

* Missing auto-attack projectiles
    * Missing "+45" gold from last hits (sound missing as well)
    * Missing tower attacks
    * Missing sounds
    * Missing spell effects

The funny thing is, this bug only occurs about 30% of the time e.g. I'll be playing drow and only 30% of my arrows are not actually visible. This seems like packet loss even though i have 0% loss and 25 ping. I have access to the router so any idea what I should be looking for?

Basic Member
    Still better than invisible arrows.