Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot see skills, projectiles or hear skills/projectiles.

Exclamation Cannot see skills, projectiles or hear skills/projectiles.

When playing Dota 2 in EU West server, I cannot see skills or projectiles sometimes.
    This is a game breaking error for me, and I have asked others to see whether they had the bug also - which they did.

For example, I fire Tinker's heat seeking missiles, and cannot see any animation or skill, only seeing the enemy heroes health deplete.

This is a problem for:
    Tower projectiles,
    Ranged and even melee auto attacks,
    Last hit gold (The yellow text that appears when you get a last hit (eg. +55)),
    Every single skill that a hero uses.

This appears to be server sided, but please correct me if it's client sided - in a local bot match this does not happen.

-

Please look into this ASAP because it could be threatening the viewing experience of the International.

does this occur while you play a game or watch a game?

Both.

In spectator mode I've seen it happen before, but it's gotten worse.
    While playing a game, I have issues that I listed above.

Getting this too here, Spells and sounds are so delayed for me its impossible to play, Also EU West here. While speccing AND playing.

It seems to be working sometimes and sometimes not; it's a really really weird bug. So probably server-sided.

I'm currently spectating a game with no errors, I also just tested a lobby game and it appears to be working (Luxembourg).

My ping is fine, 30~40ms. 0 packet loss.

Are you in the UK xeimonster? Myself and I know some others are and seem to be having this problem. Might be UK ISP related.

Yes UK, Liege.

I'm on Everything Everywhere - my friend was getting it also who is on BT, some others are on Virgin getting it.

Someone from France has it too, I guess its soemthign to do with the Europe servers. Just have to sit tight and wait.

Basic Member
    I have this problem, it started today.

I am from UK, use BT for my ISP, and use the Mac version of dota2.

My friends have this problem too.
    Last edited by sand-fish; 07-07-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Basic Member
    Also had this problem, sitting by tower and all my health just goes from an invisible kunka boat.