Thread: [SUGGESTION] Allow Use of New Spectator Gems in Pennants

Basic Member

Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Allow Use of New Spectator Gems in Pennants

I recently finished acquiring the full 10 cards for each player of C9 and was stoked to get to put the neat gold spectator gem into my pennant so that I could represent my favorite team in style. Well, come to find out, you can't remove the spectator gem that is in the pennant and put in a new one. You also can't add additional sockets to the pennant, and upgrading the pennant effectively does nothing, which means the pennant can't be used with the newly created spectator gems.

My suggestion is pretty straight-forward (at least conceptually), either allow us to add additional sockets to pennants, or allow us to swap the spectator gem out for a new one. Personally, I'd prefer to be able to add sockets, because I wasn't going to use the gold or silver spectator gems anywhere other than in the pennant, and we can't have more than one fan item equipped, so being able to use them both in the pennant would be great (in my opinion).

Anyway, thanks for reading, I hope this can get changed.

hm why not sell a "blanked" pennant that becomes a team pennant once you added a gem into it? (the money made from this could be split looking at what team was 1st made out of it)

Or do something like the greevels egg once was:

You have spec gems that you can gather (like essence from egg) and put thos inside a blanked <insert name here> ""egg" that you could "hatch" and get a super team pennant of teams xyx

just an idea from me tho
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iTKallday View Post
    I recently finished acquiring the full 10 cards for each player of C9 and was stoked to get to put the neat gold spectator gem into my pennant so that I could represent my favorite team in style. Well, come to find out, you can't remove the spectator gem that is in the pennant and put in a new one. You also can't add additional sockets to the pennant, and upgrading the pennant effectively does nothing, which means the pennant can't be used with the newly created spectator gems.

My suggestion is pretty straight-forward (at least conceptually), either allow us to add additional sockets to pennants, or allow us to swap the spectator gem out for a new one. Personally, I'd prefer to be able to add sockets, because I wasn't going to use the gold or silver spectator gems anywhere other than in the pennant, and we can't have more than one fan item equipped, so being able to use them both in the pennant would be great (in my opinion).

Anyway, thanks for reading, I hope this can get changed.
    agree

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011
    hm why not sell a "blanked" pennant that becomes a team pennant once you added a gem into it? (the money made from this could be split looking at what team was 1st made out of it)
    Well, I figure that since there is already a solid, working system in place for team pennants, there is no need to further complicate it in this particular manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011
    You have spec gems that you can gather (like essence from egg) and put thos inside a blanked <insert name here> ""egg" that you could "hatch" and get a super team pennant of teams xyx
    Upon reading this, I realized the potential problem of adding a socket to a pennant and placing a spectator gem for another team in the newly created socket. This was not something I had considered when I first made the suggestion, but could be something to consider further.

Maybe instead of adding a socket, one could apply the gem to the pennant to either upgrade the spectator gem in the pennant or to add an additional gem to the pennant. This gives the opportunity to check if the gem the user is attempting to add is compatible (if Valve cares about not having pennants with gems for multiple teams) and will not potentially waste a charge from the chisel. Perhaps this would be a better change than the original proposition. Further thoughts and suggestions are, of course, welcome.

Bump!

Thas exactly what i thought farming the golden spectator gem for Mousesports. Please add some sockets to the pennants or let us swap the gems in those pennants.

Basic Member
    This was the entire reason I completed a couple sets 10 times, pretty disappointed that I cannot put it in my pennants, please change this.

Basic Member
    Considering that the Fan Item slot has been removed with the most recent patch, I'm curious what will become of pennants. And does the removal of Fan Items make this suggestion no longer relevant? Would be great to hear from someone at Valve, though I'm sure they're too busy to read/respond to very many threads. Still, I'm quite interested to know what they will be doing with the pennants and the related systems, and would welcome any information that could be provided.

Basic Member
    was really excited to be able to show off my neat gem collection in my pennants. then i discovered that i cant put them in there.

i want to be able to show them off in some fashion, but i dont use too many hero cosmetics and i personally would rather have the gems on something for the team.

They seem pretty adamant about pennants not getting slots, unfortunately.