Thread: When team has Coach voice chat does not work with players not grouped with Coach

When team has Coach voice chat does not work with players not grouped with Coach

Not sure if this the correct forum or if this is already in the forum (couldn't find it) but...

When team has Coach voice chat does not work with players not grouped with Coach.

Every time I am coach just to watch the game, the person I am coaching removes chat to coach so he can type to allies or all. But when the person uses voice chat, the other team members that are not "coached" cannot hear them. When I leave the game as coach, then they can hear them.

This happens with anyone I coach and is detrimental to the game because they assume by removing "speak to coach only" that voice chat will be heard by all and are communicating to the rest of the team only to find out that the rest of the team cannot hear them or even know they are being talk to. In these circumstances, either they have to type everything to communicate to the team, or the coach has to leave for the voice chat to work for the rest of the team again.

This is not account specific

To give a better description:
    Radiant:
    Coach 1
    Player A
    Player B
    Player C
    Player D
    Player E
    Dire:
    Player Z
    Player Y
    Player X
    Player W
    Player V

Lets assume Coach 1, Player A and Player B are a party. Player A and Player B remove the speak to coach only option on chat. During Voice chat, only Coach 1, Player A and Player B can hear the voice chat. Player C, Player D, Player E and of course Dire cannot hear Voice Chat. Player A and Player B can type to Player C, Player D and Player E, but they state they cannot hear Player A or Player B and vice versa. When Coach 1 leaves game, then Player C, Player D and Player E can hear Player A and Player B and vice versa. If Coach 1 reconnects, the voice chat gets broken again and Player A and Player B can no longer Voice Chat to Player C, Player D and Player E and vice versa.

It would be expected that Coach 1 can only chat and voice chat to Player A and Player B, but it would also be expected that Player A and Player B can not only chat to Player C, Player D and Player E but can also voice chat to them as well.

This has brought lots of confusion in games when Player A and Player B are voice chatting only to figure out that they are not heard by the rest of Radiant or vice versa. There is no option or check box indicating this, and assumptions that they can speak to the rest of the team are incorrect.

Please fix this because I love to coach to watch the game in real time, but now I have to leave the games so my party members can effectively communicate with their team.