Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Void can walk in Chronosphere

And anyone compares apples with oranges this day *facepalm* (if you dont get it: its intended in normal game mode to work that way but is it also intended to work this way in AD?)

I would say: Stick the ability to walk in any crono to crono it self. This way, there is no RNG luck/unluck if void is randomed.

Same for butchers str gain or silencers int steal...
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by SaperPL View Post
    So this innate ability is directly connected to chronosphere.
    That would mean a Rubick with a stolen Chrono could walk around in Voids Chrono. No, simply no. It is not a bug, you simply want a change.

EDIT: And please don't come up with "the innate ability is directly connected to Chronosphere, but only for the hero LEVELING the skill". Either it belongs to a hero or to a spell.
    Last edited by Kryil-; 07-17-2014 at 05:43 AM.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    That would mean a Rubick with a stolen Chrono could walk around in Voids Chrono. No, simply no. It is not a bug, you simply want a change.
    It doesn;t mean it at all - You can code it so it will work only for the player owning the spell(spell is not stolen).

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    EDIT: And please don't come up with "the innate ability is directly connected to Chronosphere, but only for the hero LEVELING the skill". Either it belongs to a hero or to a spell.
    I don't even know how to respond to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    And anyone compares apples with oranges this day *facepalm* (if you dont get it: its intended in normal game mode to work that way but is it also intended to work this way in AD?)
    No, no one is "comparing apples with oranges".

Every change noted in the changelog affects every single game mode on the same way.

If Dragon Slave gets a 50 damage buff, it goes for Dragon Slave in every game mode.
    If void gets the ability to walk inside any chronosphere, it goes for every game mode.

It is not a bug.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Its as Jan2011 said - it wasn't intended to work this way in AD because AD wasn't implemented at that point and AD is unique case.

Its one of ways bugs happen - you get a good implementation for current situation and then situation changes when new features are required and old system doesn't work well with new features.

Big thanks to Jan2011 for using logic <3

Its as Jan2011 said - it wasn't intended to work this way in AD because AD wasn't implemented at that point and AD is unique case.
    ......... That makes no sense at all. NOTHING was intended for AD. It was meant to be a quick and easy to make mode for Dota 2 that somewhat resembles it's counterpart from Dota 1. There IS NO INTENDED BEHAVIOR. Therefor, IT CANNOT POSSIBLY BE A BUG. I don't know how to say it any more clearly. If you really wanted to go into what the Dev's intended, then you would come to the conclusion that they wanted it to work EXACTLY like Dota 2 spells and interactions work, with no exceptions. A TRUE bug that exists in AD is Sticky Napalm though. Sticky napalm is supposed to not trigger on damage values less that 25, so radiance does not proc Sticky Napalm, but it Dota 2 it is hard coded so Radiance does not work with it, but only Radiance and not something like Ion shell. This is a bug. Being able to walk through Chronosphere is not a bug because that is how it is intended in Dota 2, EXACTLY how it is intended in dota 2.

AD is meant to be random, fun, and imbalanced. That is just the way the mode was made. If you wanted it to be "fair or balanced', then you would have to give every person a completely random pool of spells, overlapping or not, from all heroes that do not break the game (i.e. meepo's ult. But Net, geostrike, and poof are all valid spells to be taken). Then it would remove the imbalance from the pool and make it completely random. Only then would I advocate removing Silencer's int gain and Void's chronowalking ability because then it would create a more distinct imbalance.

I say it one last time, this is not a bug. If you keep try to deny that and call it a bug, I'll just close this.
    The only reason why I left this open is so that people can discuss about its current state in Ability Draft.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    rockonrob - you're contradicting yourself in one post - there is no intended behavior in AD, then continuing your "logic" sticky napalm cannot be a bug. Your double standars here rock. Oh, and then this whole section of forum would make no sense

Also there's no info about triggering on dmg bigger than 25 in skill definition.

But, its exactly the same with this innate as u said it is with sticky napalm. It's done like this because AD wasn't taken into consideration at that point of implementation(sam as hardcoding sticky napalm+radiance combo instead of dmg cap)

bu3ny - so you will close the topic cause you can't change my mind? Someone will open new thread about it again after some time, or Jan2011 will reopen after you close. But yeah, take your toys and go home :P

Anyway I'm not opting for making AD completely fair and simmetric cause it wouldn't be fun anymore. I just believe that as the mode is intended to give you same handling over each spell as if you had the hero that owns this spell in normal mode. So no instant hits while using ranged orbs on melee heroes, davion's ulti not working on some heroes etc.

rockonrob - you're contradicting yourself in one post - there is no intended behavior in AD, then continuing your "logic" sticky napalm cannot be a bug. Your double standars here rock. Oh, and then this whole section of forum would make no sense

Also there's no info about triggering on dmg bigger than 25 in skill definition.

But, its exactly the same with this innate as u said it is with sticky napalm. It's done like this because AD wasn't taken into consideration at that point of implementation(sam as hardcoding sticky napalm+radiance combo instead of dmg cap)

bu3ny - so you will close the topic cause you can't change my mind? Someone will open new thread about it again after some time, or Jan2011 will reopen after you close. But yeah, take your toys and go home :P

Anyway I'm not opting for making AD completely fair and simmetric cause it wouldn't be fun anymore. I just believe that as the mode is intended to give you same handling over each spell as if you had the hero that owns this spell in normal mode. So no instant hits while using ranged orbs on melee heroes, davion's ulti not working on some heroes etc.
    I will not reopen it if bunny closes it just a fyi

I personal think it would be more fun if initial abilities would be stuck to spell rather than left as it is now. At the end of the day, its up to ice/valve to decide if they leave it as is or rework it like proposed.

And btw bunny: What i meant with oranges and apples is: Should AD mode be balanced like any other mode or should valve go the other way and balance it within it self since its a pure fun mode
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Basic Member
    That's cool with me. And I already noticed you've got no real power here(meaning no direct connection to the devs and influence on their decisions). That's why i prefer hired community managers over volunteers, but thats just my opinion.

And I believe we should talk about should this be changed like this or not rather than fighting over bug definition(I didn't start this fight really, Noo started it by blocking the idea of fixing it as it was supposted to be intended, I just named it as a bug).

Btw your current explanation for the oranges and apples differs greatly from the first one.