Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Void can walk in Chronosphere

It's not about changing your mind, it's just that you are spreading wrong infos by calling an intended behaviour a bug.
    And fyi, the devs are clearly aware of this innate abilities and how they are in this game mode. They are playing this, too. The game mode is published for a few month now and they still didn't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post

And btw bunny: What i meant with oranges and apples is: Should AD mode be balanced like any other mode or should valve go the other way and balance it within it self since its a pure fun mode
    We saw what happened during Wraith Night mode. Spells worked different there and somehow affected other game modes, too. Same thing would happen when they change things for AD only.
    Not saying that they couldn't fix it when it happens, but it seems like they don't want to take the risk.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    They don't want to take a risk during TI4 for sure but will they do anything after it?

Last one time - Are you 100% that it was by design, intended to make void invulnurable to being caught by (non-stolen) chronosphere in AD mode? I'm pretty sure you can't give me a proof of that.
    If you can show me a statement from devs like "Well yeah we left it like that cause we thought it would be funnier this way" then I'll accept it indeed was intended by developers.
    And I mean statement about this particular situation, not that about whole mode leaving "as is" without changes, because this subforum did happen for a reason yeah?

The fact alone that it was unchanged since this mode was released should be enough to tell it's intended even without the word of any dev.

And I won't/can't tell any names here (I'm not going to share chat logs). If you don't want to believe me, that's not my problem. You can be happy that I left this open for discussion, because, as Icefrog said once, "nothing is set in stone". Maybe if enough people want it to get changed, or maybe if the devs just decide to change it, then they will.

By now, everything stated in the changelogs go for the entire game, not for chosen modes only, unless it's stated in the logs otherwise. This is how they did it for Diretide, Wraith Night, greeviling, even for ability draft and any other game mode.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 07-18-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    The fact alone that it was unchanged since this mode was released should be enough to tell it's intended even without the word of any dev.
    It doesn't prove anything considering it didn't get too much fixing except for obviously OP meepo which totally broke the mode and the fix was really easy. It either could prove what you said or they don't want to waste time fixing the fun only mode.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    And I won't/can't tell any names here (I'm not going to share chat logs). If you don't want to believe me, that's not my problem.
    Assuming you are in contact with devs, can you share their reason? I mean is it because they don't want to waste time on fun only mode or is it something else? I can believe if the reason is devs are treating this mode like goat simulator by design.

Ad actually got a lot of bug fixing. Not only the passives triggering on toggle spells bugs, there were bunch of other bugs rendering whole skills useless (eg grow). Actual bugs got fixed. This one is not a bug and they didn't consider it as one, so it staid.

All I can tell about this here is that "it's a feature".
    and that they work on a way to get more heroes into this mode.

Basic Member
    Yeah I know that within first weeks of launching it got many obvious game breaking bugs fixed but then it stalled for some time, then they added meepo and later removed it and that was it. And i think its like 3 months now since anything got fixed. I'm just saying that from the outside it looks like they lost interest in fixing it, not like it works properly now, so there's no need for fixes. Actually this one is less gamebreaking than others but if its really intended by devs as interesting feature than in my opinion its just bad design decision(to leave it working like this). Anyway I can believe you its like that, and hope next time someone's feedback won't get rejected/ostracized just because the feature works as defined for normal modes.

Btw adding more heroes is fine with me but changes in picking system should be prioritized, so if you really have the contact with devs then I would appreciate if you could talk about that with them.

Doesn't make sense. I personally don't like how chrono is bonded to Faceless Void as long as he is in the other team. I never would pick chrono and tell my teammate not to. The fact that it's imbalanced is because there is only 1 character like this. Maybe add more? Hehe I'm new don't question me.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetnoob View Post
    Doesn't make sense.
    What doesn't make sense?

Basic Member
    Regardless of whether it is a bug or an intended effect, it is still flawed, it would be like leveling up Marksmanship and having the Drow on the other team get the agility bonus. The point of ability draft is to combine different spells and make a winning combination, and that means not making one hero immune to an incredibly powerful ultimate for the simple fact that it is normally his, it makes any draft with a Faceless void skewed in his favour as anyone on his team can pick Chrono and essentially double its effectiveness.

Basic Member
    +1 to that, btw my whole arguement was explaining this and that being on the changelog doesn't implicate its not a bug. Anyway lets hope this and other simmilar "features" get fixed soon.