summary: title says it all

repro:
    rhasta puts wards
    enemy activate blademail

result:
    no damage on rhasta

expected result:
    damage will occur

rhasta has no blademail or bkb to negate the return damage.

Edit by Buny:
    Witch Doctor's Death Ward and Venomancer's Plague Ward damage is not reflected either.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 02-22-2014 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Added note for 2 other spells

That's like saying using blademail against Chen's minions should damage Chen.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaHideinlight View Post
    That's like saying using blademail against Chen's minions should damage Chen.
    DotA1 interaction because the wards have Marker, and Blademail damage the owner of the unit(s) with marker instead of the actual unit (so certain skill's trigger that used marker units to deal damage will properly get reflected, like Tidehunter's ultimate that use multiple units to cast impale)

.- . One could argue this is an intended change so Rhasta/other hero with summons that just happen to have marker don't get trolled by Blademail (though this means the hilarious interaction of BM + Techie mine would be gone too)
    Last edited by RoflCat; 12-23-2011 at 03:21 AM.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    i think it needs fix... if rhasta wont take the damage let the wards take it (counter-ward=bm Lol.. ) just kidding... this needs fix...

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Blademail & Death Ward

Summary:
    Damage dealt by Witchdoctors Death Ward is not reflected by Blademail.

Repro:
    1. Pick Witchdoctor
    2. Equip on a hero of the opposing team
    3. Use Death Ward near the Blademail equipping hero
    4. Turn on Blademail

Result:
    Witchdoctor stays unharmed.

Expected Result:
    Witchdoctor should lose health for every player afflicted damage on the activated Blademail.

Probably the same bug as this, but didnt receive attention yet.
    Last edited by blash365; 03-02-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

As Roflcat said in that thread you linked, not sure if this is a bug or a fix. A lot of abilities make use of dummy units to cast spells. Blademail checks for marker ability(which these units have), and if the unit has it, the damage is reflected to the owner of the unit. So if you cast a spell that makes use of them, blademail will reflect the damage to the hero that used the ability instead of the dummy unit.

Thing is the wards have it too. Maybe it was always meant to be reflected on the owner, maybe not, but thats why it reflects onto WD himself in Dota 1.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

I'm leaning towards "not a limitation" on this one, because it would've been pretty easy to fix with one more line of code and a secondary marker ability. Considering how game changing blademail can be against Rhasta and WD, it seems like that extra line of code would've been worth it if it wasn't intentional. Maybe not, though. This one might need the confirmation of IceFrog himself

Basic Member
    I have seen many videos, where blademail counters Serpent Wards or Techies mines. I always thought it was a nice, but usually discarded counter.
    That's why i'd say, the devs might have simply overlooked it.

Just take this as the ultimate argument:
    There was no blademail or similar mechanic in warcraft 3. Blademail is a new mechanic introduced in dota. If wards/mines were not supposed to reflect damage to their owner, blademail would have simply been implemented in a different way.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    im 100% sure land mines' damage is reflected in wc3 dota, seen that many times. Not sure about any other skill though, even techies' remote mines

Well, I think Blademail should keep its behaviour from D1.