Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Ti4 Courier cards, genuine but not unusual?

Basic Member
    How is this a customization bug? This economy discussion if anything.

This should be moved.

Banned
    exactly like last year cry baby comes.
    dont worry this year chest have genuine for some aswell what to do that you get it for 50 $ of buying is it fair for the ones who opend for 200$ to get one unusual that you got 1 for 50 $ + merchndise epic merchndise from gold trove cask etc ...

plz stop crying babies .

you can bring other arguments do not use the fair argument because you get it as a bonus .

Quote Originally Posted by shlomika View Post
    dont worry this year chest have genuine for some aswell what to do that you get it for 50 $ of buying is it fair for the ones who opend for 200$ to get one unusual that you got 1 for 50 $ + merchndise epic merchndise from gold trove cask etc ...

plz stop crying babies .

you can bring other arguments do not use the fair argument because you get it as a bonus .
    ohh butthurt non-attendee spoke. Since when people called cry-baby when they ask for their right.

Just like last year certainly there is a issue about those cours and along with the many people me and op also waiting for the fix. You dont have to write if you cant contribute at all, or know nothing about the issue.

so in your logic "why didnt they put the courier in dota 2 store for 50$ whats the diffrence between attendies and not attendies

I'm saying the courier is gated not that it should have been on store for 50$, though I wouldn't have complained. Attendants are at the physical event spending money and receive a courier that is worth increasingly less, whereas you could spend 40$ and get the same genuine courier from the crate, or 3-5$ on market. But were here to talk about bugs, not what is fair. I

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun_N_Rain View Post
    No any color works with this effect. Did you put it into another unusual?
    As you've seen my thread, I put the gem in my panda and it didn't work. It looks like a plain'ol panda.

Prismatic gem: Diretide Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Risendevil View Post
    As you've seen my thread, I put the gem in my panda and it didn't work. It looks like a plain'ol panda.

Prismatic gem: Diretide Orange.
    Please add me on steam: My ID is eternal mr bones, I can quickly find out if this is coding error or color conflict.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun_N_Rain View Post
    Please add me on steam: My ID is eternal mr bones, I can quickly find out if this is coding error or color conflict.
    Hey. I've just added you. My nick is 「 」

Basic Member

plz stop crying babies .

You forgot to count the 200$ for ticket and around 500$ for other things and i'm sure they deserve to have the unun ones.
    and BTW the price of the unun couriers is around 50-70 E

Ok so let's go down the pros and cons list of improving the quality of Genuines from TI4 to unusuals.

Pros

• Increase in ethereal count means more users can have the new effect, and the effect is more accessible as opposed to just creating another EF, we create something similar in price and quantity to BH
    • Increase in courier number means more users can have the unusual version of the TI4 Courier
    • Prismatic Price increases due to more people experimenting with new effect
    • Users from TI4 who kept the courier as a reminder of the event will have something nicer and slightly harder to find (as opposed to the 2000+ similar couriers on market)
    • Base unusual model prices go up since people want to experiment with the new effect

Cons

1. Traders who bought bulk items from shop make more money, though this is somewhat alleivated by the quantity of unusuals that will be produced
    2. People hoarding the new ethereal gems or new unusual couriers will lose money (Will anyone weep for them? I doubt it.)
    3. Ethereal gem market will decline, big effects on EF and Lava most likely
    4. People who gambled for an unusual from crate may feel cheated, but they should have sold by now if they were in it for the gamble. In addition uncrated unusuals are often worth next to nothing (10$ alphid, $6 moroks during summer sale)

Overall I think it would be great for drumming up interest in unusual couriers. It's not going to sink the economy either, like some users are implying. As it stands now we are going to have a huge demand for the ethereal 2014 aura and a very small supply (uncrated once with expensive non recurring chests), so I imagine some users who either uncrated or are hoarding would really like to keep the supply low. But when it comes down to it it's not a matter of fair, it's a matter of what benefits the majority and what benefits the market in general? IMO creating another super rare ethereal effect benefits investors and not the average user, whereas creating a good looking effect that is prevalent and cheaper benefits all users and bolsters interested in the unusual market (similar to the creation of BH).

We could actualy argue about pros and cons or whether who wants it or not if valve didnt restore last year cours, which is people are sure about cours now based on those event.