Thread: Unable to type certain letters sometimes.

Basic Member

Unable to type certain letters sometimes.

So I have this problem where I can't type some letters in game.
    Usually capital D and sometimes I cant type lower case I's.

Nothing really happens when I type those letters, no errors or anything they just dont show up.
    This happens as well in the console if I am currently in a game.

Of course this is nothing major but I remember having this before open beta and I thought it would just get fixed, as well as the chat delay/cooldown in dota 2 which is incredibly annoying and should just be nuked off the game.
    But they didn't get removed so now I'm typing a thread about it.

Basic Member
    had it happen too, just tab out and tab back in and it's solved

+1 ,couldn't type 'i' on multiple occasions,both in-game and console.

Swoax,i'll try shift/alt-tabbing and let you know if it works for me,thanks

Its fairly rare,but I remember facing it every now and then just that odd one time.
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Does your computer have more than one keyboard layouts defined in it's settings? You might be changing it with the Alt+Shift shortcut from time to time unknowingly.
    Winter solstice.
    Quote Originally Posted by uebok View Post
    Muted scum shouldn't have an option to disagree with me. That's why they're muted.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabolic View Post
    Does your computer have more than one keyboard layouts defined in it's settings? You might be changing it with the Alt+Shift shortcut from time to time unknowingly.
    I dont think so, because I do have binds on my function keys and they always work, even though I cant type certain letters.
    Btw, why would changing a keyboard layout completely remove the ability to type a letter but not use a spell on that letter, like the letter d?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guldfisk View Post
    I dont think so, because I do have binds on my function keys and they always work, even though I cant type certain letters.
    Btw, why would changing a keyboard layout completely remove the ability to type a letter but not use a spell on that letter, like the letter d?
    I don't know all I know is that upper case I works when lower case i doesnt work when it happened for me.

I do think it's something about keyboard language layout that messes it up, I have 3 different languages set to cycle thru when I click shift+alt which happens when I shift que an item (I use alt+QWEASD as inventory) and on multiple occasions the i stopped working

Basic Member
    The bug where you can't type "i" in console (important for ping command to check for high-ping players) has existed for almost a year and still exists.

Basic Member
    I have been constantly getting this for over a year, as others have suggested its easily fixed by alt-tabbing, but quite annoying when it shows up.

edit: It only happens with lower case i.

i just had it on O letter, 1 minute work perfectly , i restart steam and dota 2 , bug AGAIN for 1 hour. are we being punk'd ??
    EDIT: omg im having it again. i feel like im gonna turn into dinosaur and eat small kids alive !!
    Last edited by DRiVER_helsinki; 07-31-2014 at 10:11 AM.